What is going on ....

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dale1

What is going on ....

Post by Dale1 »

.... At the huge vacant lot on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi Khao Talo .... Years ago I recall talk of a Carrefour and a Homeworks/HomePro-type mega store .... Never happened, but the location is too valuable to let sit empty. Seemed to be some activity taking place there a week or so ago.
Gaybutton

Re: What is going on ....

Post by Gaybutton »

I noticed that too. Usually that lot had been used mainly to hold political rallies. Now it looks like the lot is being prepared for construction. No idea yet what that construction might be, but if that's what is going to happen, once we know what will be built, we'll make sure it's posted.

I'm also wondering if Foodland is ever going to build their grocery store at that Thepprasit location. So far, still nothing but a sign.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Foodland on Thepprasit won't be built until after Terminal 21 in N, Pattaya is built. This is what the manager at Foodland on Pattaya Klang told me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Foodland on Thepprasit won't be built until after Terminal 21 in N, Pattaya is built.
Will they ever get that one built? That one seems to be taking forever too. I wonder why they don't just go ahead and build both at the same time.
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

I passed by this space yesterday .... At the far east end of the property (farthest from Sukhumvit) there are a couple of dozen individual-vendor-sized tents set up .... Looks to be the first of many more ..... They is certainly enough space for several hundred, even up to a thousand, more .... No site of actual vendors yet .... These are tents similar to those at the Tepprasit weekend market ... There are also 4-5 of the tents set up right near Sukhumvit as well ... The assumption is that the area is gonna be a market of some sort ... Set up in such a way that the tents can be removed if the valuable piece of land were to be more permanently developed.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

LKAsians wrote:There are two other construction projects that might be of interest. One is next door to Friendship Market ... Lots of work has gone on for months???

I have no idea what is planned for either site.
This is going to be a 7 or 8 story condo.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"