Message for readerc54

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Message for readerc54

Post by Gaybutton »

I sent you a PM, but you haven't seen it yet. I also sent you an Email, but apparently you registered with a fake Email account. I don't have a problem with that. I couldn't care less, but when people do that it makes it difficult if there is a need to make contact.

The reason for this message: A few days ago a message flashed on my screen that said your account has been deactivated. Unless you did that yourself, I have no idea how that happened. I reactivated your account. If you encounter any problems, please let me know. I hope I was able to fix the problem before you even knew there was a problem.

If you intentionally left the board, I would appreciate an Email or PM telling me why. You're one of my favorite posters. I'd hate to lose you.
Smiles

Re: Message for readerc54

Post by Smiles »

Just curious ... has he responded?
I too would like to see him stay. Oh well . . .
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:Just curious ... has he responded?
No. No response. I have no idea what happened or why. This is a first. I hope it's also a last.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Not sure if this helps. There is a poster over on gaythailand named "reader" who last posted on Saturday.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:There is a poster over on gaythailand named "reader" who last posted on Saturday.
Thank you. I'm aware of his presence on Gaythailand and I believe it is the same person. Of course if he chose to leave the boards he is under no obligation to tell us that or tell us why, but he didn't seem to be the type who would just suddenly vanish with no explanation, either publicly or privately.

I hope nothing happened to him. The fact that nobody seems to have heard from him and his disappearance was preceded by a notice to me that his account had been deactivated (I had nothing to do with that) is turning this into a mystery. I hope he is ok and eventually will come back to us.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: his disappearance was preceded by a notice to me that his account had been deactivated
.....I imagine this speaks for itself.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:.....I imagine this speaks for itself.
Obviously. But I would still like to know why, if he is willing to tell us.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

How does one 'deactivate' oneself? Ive always been under the impression that I'd have to ask the Admin to do that.
If I wanted to leave a messageboard I'd just walk away (so to speak) never to be heard of again. I have no idea how to wipe ones footsteps clean away.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:How does one 'deactivate' oneself? Ive always been under the impression that I'd have to ask the Admin to do that.
If I wanted to leave a messageboard I'd just walk away (so to speak) never to be heard of again. I have no idea how to wipe ones footsteps clean away.
I don't think the software provides for the ability to deactivate your own account. At least that's what I thought. I thought that's something I have to do. If there is a way for a board member to deactivate his own account, I don't know what it is. I don't know that readerc54 found a way to do it. Maybe he didn't. All I know is the account was somehow deactivated and I didn't do it. I still have no idea how that happened and without a response from readerc54, I have no way of knowing whether he deactivated himself or some kind of glitch happened.

As for wiping away one's footsteps, that is something I have to do. If a member wants to leave the board, if I delete his account I have the option of leaving his posts intact or wiping them all away, as if he had never been a board member at all.

I just yesterday received a request to delete a membership. I won't say whose, but the request came from someone who had not appeared on this board for quite some time. I complied with his wishes, but left his posts in place since he did not ask me to remove them. Apparently he had his reasons why he wanted his membership deleted rather than merely not posting anymore. I limit my involvement in that to simply complying with a person's wishes.

I'm not about to be another Comcast where getting rid of their service is a major hassle.

Remember this? I won't do that to people. If someone wants to go, he doesn't owe me any kind of explanation.

Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I would think Moses could answer the technical questions about deactivating an account.