GB's Annual Pattaya Songkran report

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: GB's Annual Pattaya Songkran report

Post by Undaunted »

I hate Songkran!!! So as far back as I can remember I make a short trip to avoid it...Now I am in Hanoi...in the old quater ....have a hornet date later.....just finshed a great meal of huge spring rolls.....beef in a black bean sauce with bow...a fried non oily bun and 2 local beers and a banana crepe with flamed grand Marnier about $14 U.S.......I don't miss those fucking Arabs around Sunee.....let them eat shit!...Happy Songkran :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Tuesday, April 18

I received a report from a friend in Jomtien. His Thai boyfriend says that other than in the specific spots already posted, today most of the major water splashing will happen in Naklua.

Tomorrow is the "Big Day" in Pattaya. After tomorrow it's all over for this year.
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

If anybody is in the mood for more after Wednesday .... The big day is Thursday in Bang Saray.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Wednesday, April 19

I'm sure many of you are delighted that today is the last day for water splashing in Pattaya. Out here on "The Dark Side" it is very subdued, more subdued than I've ever seen. People are complying with the requests to keep things toned down in respect for the official mourning period. On my soi a grand total of 3 little kids with squirt guns were out there for about 3 hours. Usually there are a few Songkran parties going on out here. Today, nothing.

Jomtien is a different story. I just received some photos from a young gent in the thick of it around Jomtien Complex. It looks as crazy as ever.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:Wednesday, April 19
Jomtien is a different story. I just received some photos from a young gent in the thick of it around Jomtien Complex. It looks as crazy as ever.
Your friend's photos are spot on. On Jomtien Beach Road from Chaiyapruek to the complex and beyond was bumper to bumper with pick-up trucks filled with dancing Thais and plenty of water. The complex had something new (to me) I'd never seen before. At the entrance to soi Question Mark there was a giant foam party going on in the streets. Hundreds of Thais dancing in the foam and as of 7 o'clock, it's still going strong. I'm one of those oddballs who likes Songkran (but glad it's only once a year).
aussie

Post by aussie »

I walked to Beach Road at 230pm and there was half the usual crowd at that time but later in the afternoon and early evening it was back to the huge numbers of people expected for Pattaya Songkran. I did catch a baht bus to Jomtiem Complex where a foam party was happening at the entrance.

It was obvious there were fewer asian visitors at this event compared to past years. Maybe they heard songkran was being restrained or cancelled so they did not book. Disappointing because they usually walk around shirtless and mostly have some very good bodies. So definitely less eye candy at this year's songkran.

The music was blasting nearby while they slept.

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Great pics, thanks!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I think I'm speaking for everyone when I thank you very much for making those pics and taking the time to share them with us.

If anyone else has Songkran pics - Pattaya, Bangkok, or wherever - please post them for us.