Two day midweek umbrella ban and no food as Pattaya beaches "returned to tourists"

Anything and everything about Thailand
Smiles

Re: Two day midweek umbrella ban and no food as Pattaya beaches "returned to tourists"

Post by Smiles »

Hang on ... the OP said 'Pattaya' beaches. Does this 2-day ban apply to Dongtan (Jomtien) beach(es) as well.
Have I missed something here?

OK, I see a tiny reference to Jomtien on re-reading. If true, then I agree with "dumb dumb dumb".
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Re: Two day midweek umbrella ban and no food as Pattaya beaches "returned to tourists"

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:Does this 2-day ban apply to Dongtan (Jomtien) beach(es) as well.
It makes about as much sense as wanting to keep disposable douche, but that's right. It applies to Pattaya Beach, Dongtan Beach, and my understanding is it applies to Jomtien Beach at least as far as Soi Chaiyapruek.

Meanwhile, as far as beach cleanup is concerned, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in Pattaya. The beach concessionaires are the ones who keep the beaches clean, and they do a very good job of it. I have yet to see the city cleaning up the beaches at all - ever. Yet, this is their main excuse for closing the beaches.

Even if the city really was actually doing any beach cleanup, is the beach so filthy that it takes an entire day to clean it? And now two days? And if they were really going to clean up the beaches, why do it in the day when people want to go to the beach? Why not do it at night when nobody is on the beaches except for maybe a few passed out drunks and druggies?

But aren't you glad the city is doing so much to make things really wonderful for tourists who come to Pattaya for the beaches?

Three guesses whether this entire beach nonsense made it to my "I Don't Get It" list . . .