Richard Burk has died at 70

Anything and everything about Thailand
windwalker

Re: Richard Burk has died at 70

Post by windwalker »

I was able to find them by opening facebook and entering his name.
https://www.facebook.com/richard.burk.351
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

Windwalker found the information on Facebook !!!! Traveler Jim found the information too. Open www.facebook.com At the top left of the web site is "search Facebook" Enter Richard Burk's name, and you will see 4 Richard Burks. All have their photos, including OUR Richard Burk's photo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Click on his photo, and it will all show up.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

My first dinner at Amor was in February 1995.

I was a regular there on my twice yearly visits until 2003 when I moved to Thailand and started dining there frequently. Richard was very helpful, giving me timely advice when I bought my condominium. We used to sit on the beach together when he took his weekly day off.

Richard prepared special meals every year for Christmas and he used to brag about the Brussels sprouts being "hand carried" from the UK. So I decided to hand carry some from San Francisco on my December visit in 1999.

Richard touched the lives of many of us here in the Pattaya community over the past 20 plus years and he will be very much missed!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:I was able to find them by opening facebook and entering his name.
Well, maybe Facebook just doesn't like my face. For that matter, neither do I.

I'm not having any trouble getting to that page, but once I get there all I can find are a few photos from when he was at the Athena restaurant. Wherever Jarrett's photos are, they're well hidden from me. I clicked on every link I could find. Nothing.

It's not that important for me. I know what Richard and all his restaurant look like. I'm just wondering why everybody is able to find those photos except me.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
windwalker wrote:I was able to find them by opening facebook and entering his name.
Well, maybe Facebook just doesn't like my face. .
You answered your own question with your first comment.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:You answered your own question with your first comment.
I didn't ask a question. Are you trying to tell me I would be better off if I looked like you? No offense, but no thanks . . .

Now, after you make your next snide remark, let's get the topic back to Richard Burk.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I'm sorry to hear about this; I didn't know him to speak to but I saw him on many occasions while I was drinking in Panorama. He always seemed to be cheerful. And only seventy-plus. Very sad.
I have the impression- though no hard evidence- that falangs who relocate to Pattaya have a life expectancy rather lower than in the UK or the US.
Is it the result (if true) of poorer health care? Or of lifestyle?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:I have the impression- though no hard evidence- that falangs who relocate to Pattaya have a life expectancy rather lower than in the UK or the US.
You have that impression because farang who die are the ones who end up with this kind of publicity. We don't usually publish a list of farang who managed to survive today. Most of us are just fine and are nowhere near ready to enter into the next life just yet.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:It's not that important for me. I know what Richard and all his restaurant look like. I'm just wondering why everybody is able to find those photos except me.
Ditto for me.... I wasn't friends with Richard on FB but like others was a regular customer at his restaurants. Amor was one of the few restaurants in Pattaya where the water was complimentary and I always enjoyed the desserts.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Most of us are just fine and are nowhere near ready to enter into the next life just yet.
I am not so sure about that. :lol: