Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Foodland Coming to Royal Garden

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Foodland Coming to Royal Garden

Post by Gaybutton »

So far, for the one on Thepprasit, in the past two years they've made real progress. They've put up a sign . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:So far, for the one on Thepprasit, in the past two years they've made real progress. They've put up a sign . . .
Hmmm, you're always so negative. :roll:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Hmmm, you're always so negative.
"YOU taught us!"
- Yul Brynner (Taras), 'Taras Bulba'
a447

Post by a447 »

Will Foodland offer anything better than the gourmet supermarket at Central Festival?

Considering the number of visitors to Pattaya, I wonder why they don't build a supermarket like the Gourmet Supermarket at Siam Paragon.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

a447 wrote:Will Foodland offer anything better than the gourmet supermarket at Central Festival?

Considering the number of visitors to Pattaya, I wonder why they don't build a supermarket like the Gourmet Supermarket at Siam Paragon.
Probably not......The supermarket in Central Festival is actually Tops...
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:Will Foodland offer anything better than the gourmet supermarket at Central Festival?
Not necessarily better, but different. If you're looking for something specific it might require some shopping around. Different grocery stores carry different items. What you can't find in one might be readily available in another.

The problem is, if you're not a local and haven't become accustomed to knowing where to look, finding what you want might be difficult. That is often the case even if you are a local. Also, many of the grocery stores are not within close proximity of each other and without your own transportation, some are difficult to get to.

So far, I've managed to find most of what I'm looking for in Pattaya. There are, of course, some items you just can't find in Thailand or are so expensive you might decide to just live without it.

As for a gourmet grocery store, in my opinion the closest you'll find in Pattaya is Villa Market. Then again, it depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for something specific, the place to post "Where can I find ... ?" questions is the "Business Recommendations" forum. If any of us know where to find whatever it is, you'll get responses.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Gaybutton wrote:So far, for the one on Thepprasit, in the past two years they've made real progress. They've put up a sign . . .
The Foodland on Thepprasit won't be built until the one at the new Terminal 21 is completed. That's what the manager at Foodland on Pattaya Klang told me.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

After trying them all my favorite place for food shopping is Bic C Extra on Pattaya Klang. They have the largest selection, lowest prices, freshest fruit and produce and best bakery goodies IMO. Plus there's always an abundance of eye candy floating around which takes some of the burden off shopping.

I'll be departing for LOS at the end of next week and have already picked up my supply of Skippy's Peanut Butter, Smuckers Strawberry Preserves and Hot Fudge, all of which cost 3 times as much over there. I also stock up on Astroglide which costs about 5 times as much there and I just can't live without it.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

A Foodland at Royal Garden doesn't make much sense to me, especially with Villa just down the street.

I do all my food shopping at Friendship Market. It's rare that I need to look anywhere else.