Sunee Plaza Nostalgia

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Sunee Plaza Nostalgia

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver wrote:In more recent times, the closure of the shisha bars in the surrounding area was a factor in discouraging me to walk from Boyztown to Sunee. The area near Paradise Park Hotel and Soi VC become even darker and less inviting.Then the casual visitor is presented with fifty yards of semi-darkness where Krazy Dragon used to be. The experience is depressing until you reach Corner Bar.
Good news for some, the shisha bars are alive and well though now it is smoked behind the shuttered walls of these bars.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Good news for some, the shisha bars are alive and well though now it is smoked behind the shuttered walls of these bars.
I'd be very careful of those. I read a news item about a week or so ago saying the police have been raiding shisha bars and not only arresting bar staff, but also arresting customers caught smoking the shisha.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
Undaunted wrote:Good news for some, the shisha bars are alive and well though now it is smoked behind the shuttered walls of these bars.
I'd be very careful of those. I read a news item about a week or so ago saying the police have been raiding shisha bars and not only arresting bar staff, but also arresting customers caught smoking the shisha.
Good news!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote:I'd be interested in hearing about some of the more colorful characters you guys met during your years in Sunee.
Last night while shopping at Bic c extra I saw a short old falang with glasses and though the years have taken their toll I recognized him, he was known to many as "the lifter"......he would never off a boy in a go go but rather call him down from the stage give the boy a bear hug and lift him in the air as high as he could.

I remember another falang who is dead now that spoke fluent Thai and Lao who would enter a go go with a Groucho Marx type half mask with glasses, moustache, and a rubber nose.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Ok! One more Sunee memory....I was sitting in a usually packed house in the original Sawadi Boys......The go go was long and narrow with 2 stages one centered and a smaller one by the front door. The boys on stage are doing whatever it was they did when the door opens and what appears to be a falang enters on a skateboard with a full rubber mask he simply skated from the door to the end of the club turns and leaves....now the same evening...2 boys on the small stage by the door have their pubic hair exposed and are combing it with a comb when a customer with a haddlebar moustache pays his bin and stops where the 2 boys are, he takes the comb and puts it to his nose for a sniff he hands the comb back opens the door and leaves.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Undaunted wrote:Ok! One more Sunee memory....
Thanks for this. This one is better than all the aforementioned stories put together.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

One I like is an acquaintance I know personally. I was amazed one evening in Eros where I saw him publicly sucking off one of the boys. I was then told that he does this regularly. I would never have guessed he was that type.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a prude, but spotting a farang publicly sucking off a bar boy is not what I want to be seeing in a bar - or anywhere else for that matter. There are certain things that ought to be done in private. That's one of them.

Well, the farang has paid the price. My understanding he is presently back in his home country trying to deal with the HPV he acquired as a result.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

One cannot dicount the abundant attractions of Sunee's hayday remembering that the collection of falangs was itself worthy of a visit.
loke

Post by loke »

Thaifarang is no longer a member so it doesn't matter. I just want to add that if he searches some news articles from that time period he can find stories about blackmail in Pattaya. Mostly Thais under the age of 18 that tries to earn some quick money by blackmailing the farang . Never experienced it myself but I've heard about it many times. Always check ID.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

loke wrote:Thaifarang is no longer a member so it doesn't matter.
I've heard about it many times. Always check ID.
He can still read the board. As for blackmail incidents, the total number of stories I ever heard was two. One involved a fake cop. The attempt didn't work. The ones who ended up arrested were the fake cop and the boy - who turned out not to be under age.

The other involved a farang, someone I know, who fell for it and did pay off the boy.

Other than those, I know of no blackmail stories.

Now let's please get off blackmail, etc. This topic is supposed to be about pleasant, nostalgic memories of Sunee Plaza of yesteryear. I have no intention of letting thaifarang's nonsense morph this topic into something it wasn't meant to be. Enough.