Sunee Plaza Nostalgia

Anything and everything about Thailand
thaiworthy

Re: Sunee Plaza Nostalgia

Post by thaiworthy »

thaifarang wrote:If you think about all this, then it remains still a bit incomprehensible.
The only thing that remains incomprehensible is you.
windwalker wrote:If you are expecting answers you are in the wrong place and time.
Ditto.
thaifarang wrote:Say you are a poor Thai. Say you know I can get rich by threatening to expose this Farang. By blackmailing him. At least for some Thais that must have been a very attractive option. I wonder if it has been used. Maybe some Farang are paying for years now each month blackmail money. I not pity them.
thaifarang, what's the point? The thread is about sense, sensibility and sentimentality and you are twisting it into something that isn't there.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

thaifarang wrote:I expected answers.
I doubt your expectations will be fulfilled.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:you are twisting it into something that isn't there.
That won't last long if it continues. He is welcome to start a new topic, but this topic goes back to the nostalgia aspects of Sunee Plaza as of now - with the exception of one more comment I'd like to make:

Thaifarang, probably the best way for you to understand trying to blackmail bar owners or boys would be for you to come over and try it yourself. However, if you do, then I apologize in advance. I won't be attending your funeral.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

It seems like the closing of Hollywood Disco was the beginning of the slow process we observed. I can't remember what year that was, but Hollywood attracted so many people to the area that it really created a void when it was torn down. Of course that was then followed by the economic recession which really started things spiraling downhill.

The frequent raids and crack down on street drugs also took its toll. As I mentioned on other posts years ago, many of the working boys we knew in Sunee ended up serving time in either Chonburi ot Nong Palai prisons for their yaba habits and decided to go home versus back on the scene when they were released.

Two military coups (one during and one after the recession) which included some countries issuing travel advisories was pretty much like putting the nail in the coffin.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Thanks.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

thaiworthy wrote: thaifarang, what's the point? The thread is about sense, sensibility and sentimentality and you are twisting it into something that isn't there.
Just a case of "chumming", throw out some bait and see how many fish bite.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

In more recent times, the closure of the shisha bars in the surrounding area was a factor in discouraging me to walk from Boyztown to Sunee. The area near Paradise Park Hotel and Soi VC become even darker and less inviting.Then the casual visitor is presented with fifty yards of semi-darkness where Krazy Dragon used to be. The experience is depressing until you reach Corner Bar.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

windwalker wrote:
thaiworthy wrote: thaifarang, what's the point? The thread is about sense, sensibility and sentimentality and you are twisting it into something that isn't there.
Just a case of "chumning", throw out some bait and see how many fish bite.
What is so strange for your brain (probably a 70+ year old brain, then I can imagine it is all hard to comprehend for you) to understand a human being who reads about Sunee's history and tries to understand it? What is so strange about my questions?

What is so fucking strange to wonder why a Thai or fellow farang or whoever did never attempt to blackmail one of these farangs offing underage boys? These last farangs took big big risks, and the only reason they got away with it is:
- No one contacted their home countries with compremising information (also not you)
- No farang or Thai attempted a blackmail scheme on them

That is strange. And only you guys can help me understand it. Sorry GB, this is my last message in this thread, I will not hijack it any longer. I have had it. Even a normal question I have now asked a few times is not answered: when did hotels start checking ID's, when did this become near universal policy? 2000? 2005? 1995?
colmx

Post by colmx »

thaifarang wrote: when did hotels start checking ID's, when did this become near universal policy? 2000? 2005? 1995?
Checking IDs is far from a universal policy.

Mandatory ID checks only happen in the likes of the Tarntawan or Ambiance... Mostly as these are known as "newbie" hotels and the hotels are trying to help their inexperienced guests

The majority of hotels in Pattaya do not check ID... unless you ask them to... or they are trying to scam joiner fees

By the way for me the beginning of the decline in Sunee happened during 2002 and the morality crusade launched by Taksin and Thailand Interior Minister Purachai. This social order campaign enforced early losing hours, shut down bars and clubs, enforced a minimum drinking age of 20,and gave the police a free hand to execute whomever they chose extra judicially
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaifarang wrote:Sorry GB, this is my last message in this thread
Actually, considering the way you persist in this despite my previous post telling you to start a new topic if you want to continue, and the wording of your post, this is your last message on this board at all. You just got yourself banned. Bye bye . . .

Now maybe this topic can return to its original intent.