These words buy clicks here

Anything and everything about Thailand
readerc54

These words buy clicks here

Post by readerc54 »

What words are most likely causes people to click on a post on this site?

Sex and Donald Trump.

And I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. Let's deal with the latter first. With Trump, it's generic Trumpisms that works. Anything and everything Trump results in a Pavlov-like click. That probably also explains why Apprentice went south so quickly when he exited stage right.

But when it comes to sex, here's the top 10 trigger words:

1. Pedophile
2. Sunee
3. Pattaya
4. Massage
5. Trip
6. Boybar
7. Gogo
8. Prostitution
9. Boystown
10. Condoms

OK, it's not a scientific list, but it's a list that works. Just manage to fit any one of the above into your topic and you're assured success.
colmx

Re: These words buy clicks here

Post by colmx »

Pattaya Prostitutes from a gogo in Sunee & Boystown trip over a pedophile's condoms whilst on their way from their boybar to a massage
Seems that would be a popular topic!
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I have my own list.

1. Cheeseburgers / BBQ
2. Free
3. Ladyboy
4. Showbar
5. Opening / Closing
6. Arab
7. Money
8. Traffic
9. Illegal
10. Tourist

Free Cheeseburgers and BBQ at New Opening of Showbar
Illegal Immigrant Loses ID, Money in Arab Hookah Bar
Older Ladyboy Showbars Closing Due to Declining Tourist Traffic
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Agree that "ladyboy" could qualify for the top 10 despite the fact that most guys can't stand them. But it's hard to argue with the singular success of "pedophile." The recent post has attracted 856 views and 36 replies in just a few days. That has to be up their in the record books for most in each category within that brief time frame.

Also keep in mind that top 10 category I composed was sex related and not general interest. Cheeseburgers, Arab, traffic and opening/closing don't make the cut.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I think you guys missed the "word" that always draws the most attention..."BOYS".
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:I think you guys missed the "word" that always draws the most attention..."BOYS".
There is another that hasn't been mentioned - "Dodger's Trip Report" . . .
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

readerc54 wrote:Agree that "ladyboy" could qualify for the top 10 despite the fact that most guys can't stand them. But it's hard to argue with the singular success of "pedophile." The recent post has attracted 856 views and 36 replies in just a few days. That has to be up their in the record books for most in each category within that brief time frame.

Also keep in mind that top 10 category I composed was sex related and not general interest. Cheeseburgers, Arab, traffic and opening/closing don't make the cut.
Noted. Excellent post, by the way, which I took to be more tongue-in-cheek. But if lists are limited to just sex, then I think "free" as in "free sex" would also qualify. Not sure how "trip" is always sex-related. I can't remember much of Fountainhall's excellent trip reports being sex-related. Since you also mentioned Trump, I assembled my list going by the topic title.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Let's hope the censors don't have algorithms programmed to go off whenever one of these words appear. Their red lights and klaxon horns will be working overtime!
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Gaybutton wrote:
Dodger wrote:I think you guys missed the "word" that always draws the most attention..."BOYS".
There is another that hasn't been mentioned - "Dodger's Trip Report" . . .
Nope, didn't miss it. It would have popped up because it contained "trip". My list was confined to single words and not phrases. But either way we "maniacs" benefit.
thaiworthy wrote:Noted. Excellent post, by the way, which I took to be more tongue-in-cheek. But if lists are limited to just sex, then I think "free" as in "free sex" would also qualify. Not sure how "trip" is always sex-related. I can't remember much of Fountainhall's excellent trip reports being sex-related. Since you also mentioned Trump, I assembled my list going by the topic title.
It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but it also reflects the types of data analytics media outlets and advertisers slave over. I would agree that "free" and "sex" would be appropriate. I selected "trip" because of the wild popularity of trip reports that almost always include the really meaty stuff readers seek. Fountainhall usually manages to weave in a bit of sex (usually locations where you can find it).

My list, I admit, was totally unscientific. I just started scanning backwards in topics and looking for big numbers of views and replies. It didn't surprise me--nor anyone else--that sex, in all its variations, floated to the top. Since Trump is a phenomenon unto himself, I considered him a separate category altogether.
fountainhall wrote:Let's hope the censors don't have algorithms programmed to go off whenever one of these words appear. Their red lights and klaxon horns will be working overtime!
Fortunately, we have only one censor here that matters. Let's hope we continue to post and view topics that intrigue and entertain us--even if a klaxon is sounding in the background, bringing all hands on deck.

Thank you, all, for replying. I enjoyed the banter.