Baht buses now banned on Soi Buakhao

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: Baht buses now banned on Soi Buakhao

Post by Up2u »

Has anyone seen baht busses running down 3rd Rd (the new route)?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Up and down 3rd today, no baht buses.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

All normal on Soi Buckau this evening. Plenty of baht busses when I came home that way.
Also some in the usual starting place near Pattaya Tai waiting to depart.
So no changes at all that I could see....
TIT
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I was on Soi Buakhao this evening. Baht buses were operating as usual. No police presence whatsoever.

I don't see what good banning baht buses on Soi Buakhao would do even if the police start enforcing the ban. Baht buses are not the only large vehicles on Soi Buakhao. Delivery trucks, passenger vans, SUVs, etc. are also on Soi Buakhao.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Dale1 wrote:I am expecting a scream or six for this post .... I spent the month of January in Phnom Penh and was amazed at the ease of getting around that was provided by the ubiquitous tuk-tuks .... They are everywhere, go everywhere, easily cope with the traffic, are reasonably priced and are of a much better design and comfort-level than their cousins in BKK...would be a great substitute for song taews in Pattaya.
Ten screams of disapprovement from me. Individual transport is first more expensive than public transport, and second creates traffic jams because there is just one passenger per vehicle instead of many.

"Reasonably priced" please provide numbers and I will disprove you. Anyway, there are no reasonably priced means of individual transport in Pattaya. One of the reasons I don't like PP is that there is no good public transport systems.

As for Soi Buakhao, the traffic situation is indeed bad. Either make it walking street or ban all individual transport and allow only baht buses?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Army claims not enough soldiers to enforce new rules (Police?)

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/ncpo-no ... tes-173620
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Army claims not enough soldiers to enforce new rules (Police?)
Since the baht buses usually go from one end of Soi Buakhao to the other, why would it take more than one soldier or police officer to enforce the rule?

I'm glad that for whatever reason they are not enforcing that rule. I think it is ridiculous.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

No not "ridiculous" as the Soi is small and the constant hopscotching of the baht buses impairs the movement of traffic and their constant short stopping is a menace to safety.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:baht buses impairs the movement of traffic and their constant short stopping is a menace to safety.
Menace to safety? When was the last time you heard about an accident on Soi Buakhao involving a baht bus? I don't recall ever hearing about such an accident.

Impairs movement of traffic. That is an absurd argument. Tell me any soi in all of Pattaya where baht buses go, where traffic movement is not impaired. If traffic has to slow down or stop for a few seconds while baht bus passengers get on and off, that's a small price to pay so that people can get from place to place easily and inexpensively.

Without the baht buses movement of people is impaired. Without the baht buses, how do you expect people to get around on Soi Buakhao? Walking? Soi Buakhao is not exactly pedestrian friendly and there are also people with physical problems or handicapped to consider.