Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:Will the bar survive low season? I doubt there are enough expats to keep it open.
So far, the bar has been packed nightly. There is nothing to indicate this will be short-lived and quickly fizzle out.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Are there any discernible effects on other bars? Is the area generally benefitting from this success?
a447

Post by a447 »

Gaybutton wrote:
a447 wrote:Will the bar survive low season? I doubt there are enough expats to keep it open.
So far, the bar has been packed nightly. There is nothing to indicate this will be short-lived and quickly fizzle out.

Hmm...I remember thinking the exact same thing when Raymond ran Sunny Boys. Packed every night. How could it possibly fail?

Mind you, this time the bar seems be be run by a professional who knows what he's doing. That appears to be the difference.

And who knows? If he makes a success of it, maybe some other girlie bar owners might venture into gay territory.

But I still think he needs to do some advertising on gay websites.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

It is time to expose this puppy! Yes the drinks are cheap....yes the music is not loud........But taking that for granted, this is only a place for the lovers of fem boys!......He doesn't need to advertise, if he is in it for the long term he needs some diversification of what is on offer....and I don't mean the drinks.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Undaunted Hilarious as usual. Admittedly it has been over a year since I have been in Sunee but I doubt things have changed as far as what type is offered . All the GoGo Bars ( Remember GoGo Bars) except Nice Boys offer what Undaunted refers to as Fem Boys but most refer to as Twinks. Even Nice Boys has twinks.

To suggest that Sunee ever had offerings like ABomb or Boyz in BT is patently ridiculous at least in the 14 years or so that I visited.

A447 is right everyone said the same thing about Sunny Boys and Jimmie Jimmie James and others down the Soi when they were the short time Hot Bar.

I agree with GB that having bar experience may make a difference but Low Season is about to descend on Pattaya and for the life of me I can't figure out how 65 baht drinks can last even with charging 100 baht more for an off. I'm not sure whether that 65 baht is for a soda or booze or beer or everything because nobody has reported on it.

At any rate it was always a nicely outfitted Bar if small and I hope he can continue the success!
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Whisky/soda is 100 Baht. I believe draft beers are 65 and bottle beer 85 but not sure about that pricing.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I also agree with Undaunted. Everytime I come to Pattaya, I seem to see fem boys everywhere, most notably Sunee. Having garnished 8 pages in this thread already, it may just must mean that low-priced drinks are at least as popular as the boys at this place. If that's your thing, go for it. However, I will have to give my honest opinion that the more masculine types at ABomb or Boyzboyz are not nearly as attractive as most places in Soi Twilight in Bangkok or nearby. That is just my own biased opinion. But you cannot even dream about buying a 65 baht beer in a host bar here, much less a go-go. 400-baht a drink is a steep price in BKK, I'll admit, but at least I will get more mileage per drool than these boys in Sunee.
a447

Post by a447 »

firecat69 wrote:To suggest that Sunee ever had offerings like ABomb or Boyz in BT is patently ridiculous at least in the 14 years or so that I visited.
I only off masculine A-Bomb types and have not had any trouble at all finding those guys in Sunee over the years.

And there were no fems to be found in the old Krazy Dragon.

Eros has always had a mixture of both types and I recall half a dozen or so masculine guys in the old Sunny Boys. Some of them now work at Tingtong Red.

Although I hate fems with a passion I will still drop in next time I'm in Pattaya. So knows? He may find a few hot guys for those with my taste.

I agree with undaunted. It's the boys that make the difference, not the price of drinks. I don't really care how much drinks cost, but It's no good charging me 65 baht if I can't find any eye-candy.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I"m sorry . Disagree with you on so many points but possibly the problem is fem boys when in reality most of those boys would be referred to as Twinks at least by me.

Bringing up Bars that have not existed for years is a waste of time but I spent a fair amount of time in Krazy and trying to re-write history that the boys in there were anything like ABomb or Boyz is just plain dishonest. They were not!. Once in awhile was there a muscular boy or 2 (maybe) but the vast majority were twinks although not what some refer to as Fem. And an ABomb type was definitely never in Krazy.

Certainly over the last few years your only chance of finding what you refer to as muscular would be Nice Boys with maybe an odd one somewhere else but not for long. Yes you can find your type in Good Boys not a GoGo Bar And you may find your type in a Beer Bar ( though still difficult)

If you emptied al the GoGo Bars in Sunee you would 9 nights out of 10 not find a Boy who could work in ABomb

Now if your experience is finding masculine boys and by that term you mean Tops then I have no doubt that some boys that I might consider a Twink will be happy to F--K u. I just looked at Eros website and although every boy on there I would refer to as a Twink , I definitely see a few that are likely Tops but muscular? Please!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I never understood that a masculine guy is automatically considered a top.....not my experience.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"