Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Post by Gaybutton »

A friend and I were in Winner Bar last evening. It was my second time, but my friend has been there several times. Apparently the bar and the boys are quite popular. We got there shortly after 9pm and the bar was already filled with customers. We were lucky to get seats.

My friend had been there the night before. He said by the time he left all but 4 boys had been taken off.

The owner came over to chat with us. He said he is still actively seeking more go-go boys. He said many of them do get taken off almost nightly and he needs more boys. Sounds good to me.

The off fee is 400 baht. At first I thought that is quite expensive for Sunee Plaza, but I changed my mind about that considering that the drinks are only 65 baht. Given that, I think the 400 baht off fee is quite reasonable.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

He has already kept those low drink prices past the time I thought. It will be interesting to see how long that can last. 100 baht increase in off fee over other Bars in Sunee cannot make up for the lost revenue of drink prices even at the normal lower prices then BT? Is the owners BF running the Bar or is the person you refer to as the owner neglecting his Lady Bars to spend all his time at a new Gay Bar?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Ting Tong Red has built an entire business around cheap drinks....Winner though certainly is not my cup of tea is crowded most nights and between the volume of customers and offs I can't see why he can't be successful.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:owner neglecting his Lady Bars to spend all his time at a new Gay Bar?
He is not neglecting his other bar - only 1 that I know about. He has someone running it for him. For the time being he is spending all his time at Winner Boys.

He will soon have a web site for Winner Boys.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

First of all ridiculous to compare a Beer Bar with a GoGo Bar. No comparison in license charges and bribes etc. Been a year since I have been there . What do the other GoGo Bars now charge for drinks in Sunee?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:What do the other GoGo Bars now charge for drinks in Sunee?
Usually double what he's charging.

I don't know anything about actually running a go-go bar other than from a customer point of view, but after speaking with the owner it's obvious to me that I'm speaking with an intelligent man. I get the impression he knows what he's doing. I hope he succeeds because between Eros, Ting Tong Red, and Winner Boys, the stirrings of Sunee Plaza making a comeback are there. I think most of us hope that will continue.

By the way, lately instead of more and more gay bars in the Sunee Plaza closing, it's been more and more of the Middle Eastern bars closing. Based on the behavior of so many of the Middle Easterners in that area, no objections from me . . .
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Hopefully he will do better then Jim Jimmie James and Sunny Boys which also started out great if memory serves.

It is a tough business and the seasons don't seem to be long enough. That he has experience in running a Bar is certainly in his favor.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Hopefully he will do better then Jim Jimmie James and Sunny Boys
So far, so good. One of the reasons he chose that particular location was because Jim was, as I understand it, is an electronics engineer, so everything was already in place. Other than paying Madam Sunee's fees, all he really had to do was just walk in and open for business.

For quite some time people have been posting that bars have a hard time getting Thai boys to work in them anymore. He has managed to put an end to that idea. He hires only Thai boys and they must be a minimum of 20 years old.

And his boys, all of them, don't just stand there doing the "One-Knee Shuffle" or staring at themselves in the mirror, or staring into mobile phones. The boys actually dance, flirt with the customers, and have a good time doing it.

I don't know how he can keep his drink prices so low, but after talking to him he certainly seems to be the type who has thoroughly done his math.

We'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both Winner Boys and Sunee Plaza in general. A ray of hope and some light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know how Power Boys and Nice Boys are doing. I haven't been in either bar in ages. But Eros has always been successful. Ting Tong Red is succeeding. If Winner Boys succeeds too, that might inspire others to open some of the vacant bars. If that happens, I just hope it will be bar owners who actually stay in their bar to run the business, listen to their customers and respond well to suggestions or complaints, and generally know what they're doing.
loke

Post by loke »

Good finally something to look forward to in Sunee, I'm on my way soon,
a447

Post by a447 »

As we know, success depends on the number of customers.

Will the bar survive low season? I doubt there are enough expats to keep it open.

So it begs the question - is new planning on doing any kind of advertising?