Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Post by a447 »

There are plenty of guys working in Sunee beer bars - Ting Tong Red and the Elephant Plaza hotel bar, to name 2 - who would probably be interested in a new gogo bar. Some of those guys are ex-Sunnyboys.

My regular Pattaya guy, as well as his younger brother, have been at a loose end since Sunnyboys closed and I think they'll jump at the chance to work in Winner Boys,
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

High season already winding down and timing will be a problem unless the new owner has 'deep pockets'.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

After spending some time this evening in Nice Boys with a few friends the bar will be set very low for this new go go.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Bar management issues come up frequently on the board. Stickman has a brief interview in his current (Feb. 12) issue with the outgoing Brit manager of a popular Patpong 2 go-go girl bar. Some of the points he makes would seem to carry over to the flip side.
Maple

Post by Maple »

Winner Boys Bar has a large display banner announcing its "Grand Opening" on Saturday, February 18 with "free shots and snacks all night". The new owner is Danish and owns a very large lady AGoGo bar in Walking Street. So unlike many Farang bar owners, he actually has experience in running a bar. His Thai BF will be the manager of Winner Boys. They are recruiting AGoGo dancers, paying 8,000 Baht monthly. The previous owner stripped the bar when it closed in January 2016, but now the bar has been refitted with couches and drink tables. There are small signs posted on the entrance door saying "over 20, no drugs, no fights". But a "No Smoking" sign is also needed.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Maple wrote:Winner Boys Bar has a large display banner announcing its "Grand Opening" on Saturday, February 18 with "free shots and snacks all night". The new owner is Danish and owns a very large lady AGoGo bar in Walking Street. So unlike many Farang bar owners, he actually has experience in running a bar. His Thai BF will be the manager of Winner Boys. They are recruiting AGoGo dancers, paying 8,000 Baht monthly. The previous owner stripped the bar when it closed in January 2016, but now the bar has been refitted with couches and drink tables. There are small signs posted on the entrance door saying "over 20, no drugs, no fights". But a "No Smoking" sign is also needed.
When I was in the bar last week I didn't notice any real changes, stage etc. As for a no smoking sign I don't see any anywhere so why should he put one up?
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Well if...
A) he is European and,
B) he operates a large gogo bar in Walking Street;
he will be very aware of, and obey,the rules...

I really hope we non smokers won't have to treat it as another no go area!

Over to you smokers (duck for cover)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:Over to you smokers (duck for cover)
I don't think that will be necessary. I, and I believe other smokers - if any - on this board have no problem about stepping outside to smoke, even if the bar permits smoking.

It's the other inconsiderate assholes that you have to worry about.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

As of 4PM the Balloons are up!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Went tonight my impressions:

1. Nothing has changed from the former go go stage, etc.
2. Place was full of customers many gay tourists some expats.
3. Drink prices were indeed 65bht for a beer and 85bht. for mixed drink (bar liquor) 130-150bht if top shelf.
4. About 10 guys rotating on stage.
5. If you came tonight expecting to eat you wouldn't have been pleased though the bar staff came around and gave chips, peanuts etc.
6. All boys were age appropriate
7. Most if not all were gay, some fem.
8. Not a hands on bar.

It is encouraging that a new bar has opened, but like most new venues it has a while to go to find it's niche.