Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Post by a447 »

is just plain dishonest
Firecat, I may be many things in this life, but dishonest is not one of them.

Your problem is that you overreact when someone posts something contrary to what you believe. Your intolerance of other posters' opinions is, in itself, intolerable.

You need to calm down, process what others write and respectfully disagree.

Back to the topic.
your only chance of finding what you refer to as muscular would be...
I never mentioned "muscular" guys - I said "masculine." There's a difference. (That's what I mean by processing what others write).

I have seen a lot of boys in A-Bomb over the years who were masculine but not muscular. And I have seen, and offed, such boys from gogo bars in Sunee. I've written about them in my trip reports over the years.

To me, "muscular" conjures up images of Tawan guys. I have never seen those types in A-Bomb. Nor did I see such types in KD. But then again, most of the guys I saw there were older types. Why do you think I spent so much time there and reported so often on that bar? It certainly wasn't because it was full of twinks.If that were true I wouldn't go near the place.

And I agree, yet again, with undaunted. (How come I never agreed with you when I was posting on sawatdeenetwork for all those years??) Being masculine does not automatically equate with being a top.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Sunee Plaza has always been a place that had more fem boys (twinks) than the muscular types which has always been the cornerstone of its popularity. Punters who prefer the more masculine pay-for-play guys who are sometimes str8 typically hang around Boyztown and the guys who like the fem types who are exclusively gay hang in Sunee. I'm just saying that because there seems to be some confusion here regarding this.

As far as some of the posters here inferring that Winner Boys won't last long because they only have fem type dancers is something I totally disagree with. Actually that's exactly the opposite way that things work in Sunee. The cute fem boys are, and always were, the first ones offed at night, get offed more frequently, and are exactly what the majority of patrons of Sunee are looking for. Now I'm not there to observe this myself, but from what I've read it sounds like those fem type boys at Winner boys are getting offed every night. If you were to stroll down the soi to Nice Boys you would probably see 80% of the boys who stepped on the stage when the place opened standing there in the same spot 5 hours later when they close. The 20% that got offed were mostly the cute fem guys we're talking about. That, in-and-by-itself should tell you something.

I myself have always preferred the cute fem types, (which a good friend of mine refers to as "tad bit nelly's") and can't wait to visit the place.

I wouldn't be surprised if the owner of Winner Boys didn't start raising his drink prices incrementally over time as the place gains popularity and is on some solid footing. He sounds very experienced. That being the case he already knows that he has to get beyond the expat customers and tap into the tourist base where the real money is at.

Hopefully the other Sunee bars will get the hint and start getting some more of those "tad bit nelly's" in the place so they can start making money again.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

Oliver wrote:Are there any discernible effects on other bars? Is the area generally benefitting from this success?
Really, Oliver.

'benefitting' from an Oxford man?

Clearly not Greats at Trinity. More like PPE at Balliol.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

A447a First I guess we have to get our terms straight. I did not mean that you were dishonest but rather the way terms our thrown around by different people leads to mistakes of what is really meant. Yes I guess I should have realized that you meant masculine rather then muscular since you constantly post about Super A and other Bars in that area where I would term 99% of the boys as Twinks. Now are some of them not squealing or wearing high heels and thus could be considered Masculine. I guess so but to me they are all twinks and nobody knows what they really are until they get them in bed.

Of course even Twink Bottoms can be masculine they just preferred to get f--cked. Does that make them less masculine. I don't think so. You have posted many times about very slim , small boys who had Big Co--cks and knew how to use them . I have to think some of them also would enjoy the reverse roles.

But I also think that there are bars with predominately .muscular guys but certainly not Tawan Type guys.

Bottom line categorizing all boys in a Bar as fem because of their body type is no more right then saying all muscular guys are Tops only.

Variety is what you find in Thailand and you need to be open to the fact that body type does not necessarily mean Role Type.
a447

Post by a447 »

Dodger, I think I must agree with your observation that most guys seem to like twinky fem types.

In the early days Sunee was full of those guys, along with many others of dubious age, if you know what I mean. The only places I could hang out in were Eros, where there were a few boys I was attracted to, and Krazy Dragon, where the boys were older types - in their mid to late 20's. Oh, and one masculine boy named Oleh in Happy Boys.

The rest of the guys in Sunee were of no interest to me at all.

But there have been times over the last few years when I was actually beginning to wonder where all the fem boys had disappeared to in Sunee. I seemed to be running into more and more guys of my type.

I haven't seen a lot of screaming fems in the beer bars - the last couple of trips I've noticed that Tingtong Red has a lot of masculine guys who I would have been interested in if I didn't have my regular boy with me.

And don't forget, Boyztown has its share of fems, too. I'm thinking of Vassa and, apparently, Cupidol.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

My take is Sunee still offers something for eveyone however far, far less!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

firecat69 wrote:
Bottom line categorizing all boys in a Bar as fem because of their body type is no more right then saying all muscular guys are Tops only.
I couldn't agree more, but most (not all) of the slim fem types I've interacted with over the years have preferred bottom and were 100% gay.

I know there are a lot of masculine guys working the scene in Pattaya who are gay and prefer the bottom role but they're just not my cup of tea. Then there's the other half who are str8-for-pay willing to go top - bottom - or upside down for a tip which doesn't do anything for me either.

As undaunted said, there is a good mix in Sunee Plaza right now just not enough of them. Hopefully this will stimulate some growth in the bar business and keep the lights on.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:this is only a place for the lovers of fem boys!
Apparently your idea of fem boys is vastly different from mine. Nearly all the boys I saw were what I see as twink and boy next door types. Total number of fem boys I saw - 1.

I saw none that I would call well defined muscle boys or the types I would expect to find at Tawan.

However, if you did not see the types that interest you, then I would agree that diversification would help. Then again, it's not so easy finding boys willing to work as go-go boys, especially considering his criteria. He hires only boys who are Thai and are at least 20 years old.
Maple

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar and Smoking

Post by Maple »

When Winner Bar opened for business on 18 February, smoking was allowed for the first two days. After many complaints from customers, a "No Smoking" policy was established. Last night, I asked the owner, Paul, if he received any complaints from smokers. His replay was "None!" Several customers asked him if they could smoke inside the bar. When he invited them to smoke outside on the terrace, they all readily complied.
Undaunted

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar and Smoking

Post by Undaunted »

Maple wrote:When Winner Bar opened for business on 18 February, smoking was allowed for the first two days. After many complaints from customers, a "No Smoking" policy was established. Last night, I asked the owner, Paul, if he received any complaints from smokers. His replay was "None!" Several customers asked him if they could smoke inside the bar. When he invited them to smoke outside on the terrace, they all readily complied.
Is this by itself a reason to visit a go go?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"