Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Anything and everything about Thailand
Maple

Re: Winner Boys A GoGo Bar is coming to Sunee Plaza

Post by Maple »

Last night, Winner Bar was so crowded that several punters turned around and left the bar when they could not find a seat. New dancers are being added nightly: two last night, one the night before. The owner, Paul, is always present and treats his staff well. Last night he was spotted distributing 100 Baht tips to all his staff. Khun Game, known by many Sunee Plaza regulars, is the head waiter. Smokers are obeying the "No Smoking Inside" signs by going outside to the terrace.
a447

Post by a447 »

Maple, I recall the exact same scene when the previous owner opened Sunny Boys.

His bar was packed every night. They kept tabs of how many customers they had and many nights it was close to 100! My Pattaya "boyfriend" and his younger brother used to work there.

So how come he failed? He employed non-thais and when they were banned from working there, that was the end.

I hope the new owner can avoid hiding non-thais, and that he keeps an eye on the accounting. As an owner, I think you have to be a good money manager and resist the temptation to overspend.

I wish him all the best.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

a447 wrote:Maple, I recall the exact same scene when the previous owner opened Sunny Boys.
So how come he failed? He employed non-thais and when they were banned from working there, that was the end. I hope the new owner can avoid hiding non-thais
The owner is not "hiding non-thais" Lol. He told me he will hire only Thais. However, reading some of your trip reports and the fact that you like "Good boys", other than a pleasant atmosphere and cheap drinks, I doubt if the gay boys working there will be your cup of tea. They are surely not mine!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
a447

Post by a447 »

Oops! I met hiring, not hiding.

If they are screaming fems, then no, I wouldn't be interested.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:If they are screaming fems, then no, I wouldn't be interested.
I wouldn't say they are screaming fems, but they are mostly more on the fem side rather than the masculine side. I know your type and you know my type. I would say most of them are much more my type than your type. Still, it wouldn't hurt anything for you to take a look and see for yourself.
a447

Post by a447 »

Even though the boys do not appear to be my type, I will still drop in to have a look, if only to show my support for a new bar opening in Sunee.

I'm off to Taiwan and Japan next holiday but will see if I can fit in a quick visit to Pattaya, even for just a few days. I'm presuming Winner Boys will still be going strong. Fingers crossed!
aussie

Post by aussie »

a447 wrote: and that he keeps an eye on the accounting. As an owner, I think you have to be a good money manager and resist the temptation to overspend.

I wish him all the best.
I hope the bar does well and will support it when i visit Pattaya soon. My suggestion for a bar owner to succeed is to keep away from alcohol when at his bar, don't get attached to anyone working in the bar, definitely do the accounting and listen to any sensible suggestions from his customers. Treat the staff well but keep them working under some fair rules. It will take some self discipline but he probably knows that already. It looks like a great start so far.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I will definitely check out Winner Boys when I'm in town in mid March. What I've read here so far does sound promising. And I'm not talking about the cheap beers.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

The success of Cupidol and Winners, and of Suny not long ago, suggests that there remains a demand for the sort of guys who brought us to Thailand years ago. I suppose the importance of the Chinese market in Bangkok means that this business model wouldn't work there.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

The success of Cupidol and Winners, and of Suny not long ago, suggests that there remains a demand for the sort of guys who brought us to Thailand years ago. I suppose the importance of the Chinese market in Bangkok means that this business model wouldn't work there.