That Facial Hair Thing

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

That Facial Hair Thing

Post by Undaunted »

In the last couple of years boys in Thailand seem to let what little facial hair they have sprout into sparse moustaches and beards..I guess fashion. Watching western T.V. the 3 day stubble has certainly become fashionable.....for me it just looks silly and unclean.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: That Facial Hair Thing

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:for me it just looks silly and unclean.
You touched a raw nerve with me. I can't stand those scraggly mustaches and beards. The tattoos and piercings are bad enough, but mustaches and beards? On these boys? Not for me.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Nor me. A few years ago, there was a guy dancing in Screwboys, young-looking- certainly no more than twenty- and quite cute. He'd managed to grow a beard that was more substantial than most manage and the result was that he looked like a young boy in a school drama playing an adult.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

They think it looks manly, I think it looks stupid.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This is not the first time this subject has come up. We had a lengthy topic back in 2011. I disliked facial hair on the boys then and I dislike it even more now.

See: http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3381
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

At least the hand bags are now few and far between :!:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:At least the hand bags are now few and far between
Maybe there is truth in the idea that every cloud has a silver lining, although I still see plenty of boys with hand bags - and most are not femme in any way.

But without the handbags, what replaces "purses at dawn" . . . ?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I see some but not plenty and often now being carried by straight looking guys.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I think the moustaches look just bloody awful.

Not only that, if kissing one with short bristles of a few mm long, it's like snogging a wire brush. I made that mistake once, but spent the rest of the trip avoiding them.
I even wrote on my profile no moustaches & with app dating, usually asked them about that, just to make sure they had not added moustaches.

In some of the Boyztown bars, like Cupidol, they seem to recognize what the customers like and have boys that are nearly all shaven.

On the other hand, in The Corner Bar in Sunee, there were about 3 eligible handsome shaven young gentlemen sat with other customers & the rest of them were from the Borat school of grooming. I left that bar alone.

As far as I can tell, this particular fashion afflicts just Thailand, rather than the whole east Asian region. I hope fashion evolves to something else, ASAP.
DavidJarrett

Post by DavidJarrett »

I also cannot stand any facial hair, including two-day stubble. Many Thai guys cannot grow a lot of facial hair. But, here in the USA, beards are common. Half to a quarter of the guys that I see have facial hair. Uggggggg !!!!! On a good note, when I visited Amsterdam last summer for two weeks to photo their gay boat parade (wow !!), virtually none of the lads under 25 had any facial hair = all clean shaven. Just wonderful to see clean-cut guys.