US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 417 times

#1 US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm

All that has been published at the time of this post is the Outreach schedule for March, 2017. At the moment I don't know if there will be more Outreaches in 2017 or if March is going to be the only one for the entire year. If anyone finds out, please let us know.

If and when further information becomes available, it will be posted here.

Dear American Citizens,

The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of upcoming Consular Outreach visits to several locations across Thailand on the following dates:
SCHEDULE

PHUKET: Friday, March 17, 2017

No appointment is necessary. Details (place and time) for each event will be posted to the website two weeks to 10 days in advance.
SERVICES AVAILABLE

The following consular services will be available:

Passport renewal applications
Notarial services
Embassy registration and/or address change for on-line information

NOTE: Applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad cannot be accepted during consular outreach trips.

PAYMENT METHOD

Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement ( https://th.usembassy.gov/new-outreach-p ... -accepted/ ).

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.

All Bank Drafts must be:

Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB).
You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
Purchased in advance.
Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
Fees and exchange rates will be included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website ( https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... vice-fees/ ).
Submitted at the time of service.

You can show this to the bank:
ลูกค้าท่านนี้ต้องการซื้อแบงค์ดร๊าฟ (สกุลเงินบาทเท่านั้น)
ตามจำนวนเงินที่ระบุด้านหลังสั่งจ่ายถึง
“American Embassy Bangkok”
รบกวนช่วยอำนวยความสะดวกให้ด้วยค่ะ

Exact fees and exchange rates will be included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website ten to fourteen days prior to the event.

Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.

Please note:

Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.

SPECIAL NOTES

Please see: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/ for more information.
Send questions about total costs to acsbkk@state.gov or call 02-205-4049.
Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK

We look forward to seeing you during our outreach visits.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#2 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 am

My curiosity got the better of me. I called the embassy and spoke to American Citizens Services to ask, since the only outreach listed on their web site is the one in March, if that is the only outreach they will be doing this year.

I was very surprised when the person I spoke to told me yes, the March outreach will be the ONLY outreach they will do this year.

To make sure I understood correctly I asked the agent again and he confirmed that again.

I'm sorry to say that for many of you, that means having to go to the embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai again to get the proof-of-income statement or other documents you may need.

Don't forget, you can't just walk into the embassy or the Chiang Mai consulate at your convenience anymore. You have to make an appointment and appointments are only available at 15 minute intervals beginning at 9:15am and last appointment at 10:45am.

To make an appointment, click this link: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/acsappointment/
You might want to bookmark the link.

Oh well, at least at the embassy you can still pay cash instead of the bank draft. Someone else will have to tell us whether the Chiang Mai consulate still accepts cash.

travelerjim

#3 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby travelerjim » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:31 am

Note that the exchange rate for the Thai baht has been increased to 37 Thb per US $ at the US Embassy Bangkok... it was 35 Thb.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... vice-fees/

puan
Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 24 times

#4 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby puan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Gaybutton wrote:I was very surprised when the person I spoke to told me yes, the March outreach will be the ONLY outreach they will do this year.

This is very disappointing. The Outreach was a wonderful service.
I am curious GB, did you ask why? And if you did, what was their reasoning.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#5 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:41 pm

puan wrote:I am curious GB, did you ask why?

No. It didn't seem to me to really matter why.

puan

#6 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby puan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:22 am

Today, I sent email to ACS asking about the outreach and, if and why, there is only March Outreach dates listed. This is the response I just received...

"We only currently have outreaches scheduled in March. We will release the other outreach dates quarterly. Please check this website for updates to the list: http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-ser ... -outreach/"

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#7 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:29 am

puan wrote:We will release the other outreach dates quarterly.

That seems like they will be doing more outreaches after all, which is different from what they told me when I called.

If they do plan on doing more, apparently they will announce the next one some time in late March or early April.

puan

#8 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby puan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:52 am

Suggestion:
For those of you who use the Outreach Services, I think it might behoove you to send a note to the Embassy expressing appreciation for this service. After all, it is a service that saves a lot of hassle of not having to go to the Embassy in Bangkok.

Just a thought. 8-)

Maple
Been liked: 22 times

#9 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby Maple » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Thank you, Puan, for contacting ACS and posting their answer that they will release the other 2017 outreach dates later.

2lz2p
Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 33 times

#10 Re: US Embassy Outreach - 2017

Postby 2lz2p » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:26 am

Please note - this visit is for only 2 hours -10am to Noon. Past visits have been for 4 hour.

Return to “Thailand”