Bangkok Pride Parade Returning

Anything and everything about Thailand
Alex

Re: Bangkok Pride Parade Returning

Post by Alex »

It seems to have hit them by surprise. Makes me wonder who planned that, some foreigner fresh off the boat maybe?
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Alex wrote:It seems to have hit them by surprise. Makes me wonder who planned that, some foreigner fresh off the boat maybe?
Certainly looks that way, doesn't it? I just checked the gallery section of its website and found photos taken of the the event "strategy" planning meeting held in a Mexican restaurant. In the 37 pics posted, I could count only 5 persons who appeared to be Thai.

The meeting was held on Jan. 9 and plans announced on Jan. 13. How much "planning" can get accomplished in four days?

http://outbkk.org/gallery/
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Go to their next event gathering at Margarita Madness, Sukhumvit 18, on Feb 6 at 1930-2300hrs and see what's going on and/or offer some advise. I can't attend as I'll be out of town on that day or I would drop in and report back here as long as they are not going to sing 'We Are the World'

https://outbkk.yapsody.com/event/index/ ... ta-madness
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Trongpai wrote:Go to their next event gathering at Margarita Madness, Sukhumvit 18, on Feb 6 at 1930-2300hrs and see what's going on and/or offer some advise. I can't attend as I'll be out of town on that day or I would drop in and report back here as long as they are not going to sing 'We Are the World'
If I wasn't in US I'd take you up on that. No, then again, I think they just might sing that...and others as the tequila flows.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I'll have to pass, that's not my cup of tea either. If they do manage to pull it off in Nov/Dec, however, kudos to them and I'll be there for the actual event. :)
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I joined their mailing list. If they have another get together I'll attend if my schedule permits.