It Must Be High Season In Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: It Must Be High Season In Pattaya

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote:
Up2u wrote: I am at the beach now. About ⅓ of the foreigners here are definitely under the age of 50. Some from France, many from Russia.
Specifically at the gay section?
Rainbow. Adjacent sections 24 and 26, 27. Yesterday, young Singaporeans and a few Japanese.
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

Undaunted wrote:
Up2u wrote: Pattaya still has the gay beach,but not like it used to be, true.
When was the last time you saw a falang at the gay beach under 50-60 years old?
You need to get out more.

When is the last time you were at the beach?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

This is exciting , I will have to take a stroll down to the beach.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote:When was the last time you saw a falang at the gay beach under 50-60 years old?
I was on the gay beach at the beginning of this month, still qualifying for the under 50s.
The youngest farang in the gay section would have been under 30 and with the same GayRomeo Thai boy I saw him with 1 year earlier.

Of course I don't go there looking for young farang, rather young locals.
Other than the ice cream vendors I hardly saw any young locals until almost the end of the trip, when a few showed up with their farang of the day. So not as good as even 2 years ago.
jimnbkk
Location: Usually Arlington, VA when I cannot be in Thailand.

Post by jimnbkk »

Are the vendors back on the beach now? Last time I was there (early Dec. 2016) the police had cracked down on the vendors and they were few and far between. The ice cream boys in particular were scarce. My favorite, Toon, was sneaking about and when I ordered ice cream, had to return to where he had stashed is supply to get it. Is that still the case?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Arriving in Mid December, I noticed:
1 NO vendors selling the kind of crap you don't want on the beach. Rugs, squeaky toys etc. A positive change.
2 A few Ice cream vendors with smaller containers than normal.
3 No sea food vendors. Another positive change, but unfortunately a few of them came back by the end of the year.
4 Fruit vendors still in place. Just as well, since my beach concession no longer had fresh fruit on their menu.
daherk

Post by daherk »

Vendors are back on the beach in full force. The police cracked down for 2 weeks hoping to confiscate enough goodies for their New year's party! The Ice Cream boys, Toon and Ta are back lugging their big boxes of goodies along with all the other vendors, so it's back to normal!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

daherk wrote:Vendors are back on the beach in full force.
Never mind vendors. What about BOYS?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

jimnbkk wrote:Are the vendors back on the beach now? Last time I was there (early Dec. 2016) the police had cracked down on the vendors and they were few and far between. The ice cream boys in particular were scarce. My favorite, Toon, was sneaking about and when I ordered ice cream, had to return to where he had stashed is supply to get it. Is that still the case?
Toon and Ta call section 25 their home base and sometimes help with serving the tables. They carry smaller more discreet signs now but all the vendors have to be vigilant. The vendors are back but in fewer numbers, I haven't seen a seafood or chicken vendor, fruit yes. Poon donuts has a stall when you first enter near the 7-11. Masseurs complaining about fewer tourists wanting massage. Sections are crowded because they have fewer seats. Overall fewer tourists means fewer boys looking for hookups.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:Never mind vendors. What about BOYS?
For a fair proportion of my recent trip, the best looking boys WERE the vendors. In particular, 2 of the ice cream vendors.

Around new year time, a few more boys turned out with their Farang. ie Attached and wearing slightly more than is optimum.

What I did not see was adorable boys walking up and down the beach in small speedos trying to find company.