It Must Be High Season In Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: It Must Be High Season In Pattaya

Post by Jun »

Alex wrote:You seem to confuse "gay scene" with "gay prostitution scene". Young gay visitors to Bangkok might not be interested in the latter, but they can have lots of fun exploring the former. I know I did.
The thread is referring to high season in Pattaya and as far as I can tell, most of the gay scene in Pattaya is a gay prostitution scene. The majority of the gay bars have prostitutes on offer in 1 form or another. So it is understandable for people to focus on that.

Bangkok is of course a more diverse scene.
Alex

Post by Alex »

You're right about the thread, but my post was in reference to Undaunted's observation that young gay visitors are frequently seen in non prostitution venues in Bangkok (Silom Soi 4), as opposed to Soi Twilight (prostitution venues) where they are a much rarer species. Bangkok has it both, and it doesn't surprise me that young gay visitors tend to prefer the former.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Jun wrote:.........
Bangkok is of course a more diverse scene.
Could you expand on that, we know the "Thai"gay scene is huge with it's nightlife, university students, after hours clubs, saunas, etc. but these are unknown and don't cater to the visiting young gay tourists. The gay scene options I see in Bangkok are just like Pattaya, primarily commercial, karaoke, massage, bars, after hours clubs, etc. The reason I visited Pattaya years ago was the gay beach which whether you are young or old gay men still enjoy today. Bangkok doesn't have a beach of course but I still enjoy visiting primarily for the shopping, restaurants and the unavailable eye candy everywhere (malls, BTS).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:and the unavailable eye candy everywhere (malls, BTS).
Don't be so sure they're unavailable. I've had many successes with that"unavailable" eye candy. If I can, anybody can - unless they're too shy to try.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Up2u wrote:The gay scene options I see in Bangkok are just like Pattaya, primarily commercial, karaoke, massage, bars, after hours clubs, etc.
You must be joking. The key difference isn't that there are different kinds of venues, it's that Bangkok has a much larger population of which a much lower percentage are prostitutes.

You just have to open any of the popular gay apps in both Bangkok and Pattaya and you will instantly notice that difference: In Pattaya, the default assumption is that anyone of suitable age and cuteness you can find on these apps is available for P4P. In Bangkok, that's obviously available as well, but most locals who use the apps are looking for non-commercial encounters, just like in any other large city all over the world.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:the default assumption is that anyone of suitable age and cuteness you can find on these apps is available for P4P.
While that is probably true, I get the feeling people form their 'hookup' opinions based on their own perceptions and experiences. Some of us have had good luck and good experiences, whether in Pattaya, Bangkok, or anywhere else in Thailand. Others have not, so the tendency to assume it's always only about money becomes the perception and the assumption if that applies to them, then it also applies to everyone else.

That simply is not the case. I'll resurrect the following topic: http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5704

And for those who have had little or no luck, you might want to review this topic too: http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4302
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Up2u wrote: Pattaya still has the gay beach,but not like it used to be, true.
When was the last time you saw a falang at the gay beach under 50-60 years old?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

Just about any day that I go there.

Yes, they are very much in a minority, but they are present.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote:
Up2u wrote: Pattaya still has the gay beach,but not like it used to be, true.
When was the last time you saw a falang at the gay beach under 50-60 years old?
I am at the beach now. About ⅓ of the foreigners here are definitely under the age of 50. Some from France, many from Russia.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Up2u wrote: I am at the beach now. About ⅓ of the foreigners here are definitely under the age of 50. Some from France, many from Russia.
Specifically at the gay section?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"