It Must Be High Season In Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: It Must Be High Season In Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote: As for the more mature farang, well a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
:?:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Explanation required ?
Well, I'm presuming the saying "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" is known. If not, it can be figured out quickly.

Well I view gogo boys as equivalent to a bird in the hand, since almost all of them are available.
The boys at Telephone etc are more equivalent to a bird in the bush, since most of them are not available to someone of my age & all I get to do is admire from a distance.
Now I can admire plenty of cute boys from a distance in my own country. All I need to do is walk past a good University. Another particularly good place is Heathrow Terminal 2 in the evening, just before many of the Asian flights depart.

Getting back on topic, I didn't exactly see that many older farang in Sunee on my recent trip, never mind younger farang. Jomtien & Boyztown were thriving.
Several busy host bars & Cupidol gogo was packed. The downside to that was short time with any Cupidol boy was a usually over slightly more quickly than expected, so they could rush back to the bar & keep the turnover up.
However, the host bar that occupies the former site of Funny Boys (is it Prism ?) didn't seem at all busy.
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Jun wrote:Now I can admire plenty of cute boys from a distance in my own country. All I need to do is walk past a good University.
I don't know, I’ve seen plenty of cute guys at average and not so good universities.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I don't think that Pattaya has a lot to offer to younger visitors, gay or otherwise. Bangkok on the other hand is a must-see, usually visited at the beginning and/or end of a trip to Thailand. That alone could explain why Silom Soi usually gets a good mix of gays (and curious straight people) of all ages from all over the world.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Alex wrote:I don't think that Pattaya has a lot to offer to younger visitors, gay or otherwise.
Pattaya remains a party town for young lager louts, Arabs etc. they are not here for the beach. On any given night where there are many girl bars you will find young and older falangs, but granted there is little here for younger gay guys compared to BKK.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gojoi

Post by gojoi »

A boy in the bed is worth 2 in the club
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

A cock in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Alex wrote:I don't think that Pattaya has a lot to offer to younger visitors, gay or otherwise. Bangkok on the other hand is a must-see, usually visited at the beginning and/or end of a trip to Thailand. That alone could explain why Silom Soi usually gets a good mix of gays (and curious straight people) of all ages from all over the world.
Pattaya still has the gay beach,but not like it used to be, true. Young gay men who are not sex tourists would find the Bangkok gay scene uninviting, some repulsed. Bangkok has food, shopping, shopping and more shopping. If I were young, I would give Bangkok about two or three days and head to Pattaya. Bangkok = overpriced food, bars and boys, comparatively.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I find Pattaya more relaxed than Bangkok. I am thrilled when I arrive in Bangkok and wouldn't miss the three nights I spend there when I meet up with P. But after that initial excitement, I prefer a slower pace. And this I get elsewhere, whether it's Chiang Mai, Krabi or Pattaya. Before I met P and spent evenings in the bars, there was no doubt that Pattaya's were more to my taste. I suspect they still would be.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Up2u wrote:Pattaya still has the gay beach,but not like it used to be, true. Young gay men who are not sex tourists would find the Bangkok gay scene uninviting, some repulsed. Bangkok has food, shopping, shopping and more shopping. If I were young, I would give Bangkok about two or three days and head to Pattaya. Bangkok = overpriced food, bars and boys, comparatively.
You seem to confuse "gay scene" with "gay prostitution scene". Young gay visitors to Bangkok might not be interested in the latter, but they can have lots of fun exploring the former. I know I did.

As a young gay visitor, I'd go to Bangkok for a few days for sightseeing after arriving, then tour the country, finally spend the last few days in Bangkok again for partying and shopping. That's what many seem to do. It might or might not include commercial sex in some form (massages, bars, freelancers), but as far as the availability of free hookups with regular guys (locals, fellow travelers and expats) is concerned, I'd say a young guy has far more options in Bangkok than in Pattaya.