Major changes for Pattaya baht bus system ?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Oldbear

Re: Major changes for Pattaya baht bus system ?

Post by Oldbear »

I saw yesterday that the jomtien busses had new signs, Naklua - jomtien South and Naklua Jomtien North. I took the bus thepprasit road to Lotus and the fare was still ฿10, I thought the fare went up to ฿20.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Took the baht bus to Jomtien on Saturday and the fare was still 10 baht.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:Took the baht bus to Jomtien on Saturday and the fare was still 10 baht.
Just yesterday I heard the 20 baht fare begins January 1.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maybe some of you can figure out what's going on. I can't. We've had all this publicity about baht bus fares to increase as of January 1.

Meanwhile, in today's PATTAYA MAIL (December 30), their article says the army has ordered that all baht bus fares remain at 10 baht.

See: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/army-fo ... res-159701

Anyone besides me confused?
Oldbear

Post by Oldbear »

Yes and the article says ฿10 from north Pattaya to Jomtien, this route use to be ฿20 before.
They added a extra ฿10 when the bus passed Central Pattaya Road.
I like that the buses now have signs so you know if the bus go to north Pattaya, Naklua or turn left on Central Pattaya Road that some buses do when coming from Jomtien.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I read about this before online somewhere and it happens to me almost every time I am on my way to the bus terminal, because they see a single farang with luggage. If the bus is full, I just hop on. If empty, they ask "where you go?"

They want 100 baht to go to the north bus station from Boyztown on 2nd Rd. I say "no thanks," because I usually can get to the Dolphin Roundabout for 10 baht then walk over to where another baht bus is going to the bus station for 10 baht. This last trip, the boyfriend and I explained this to the empty songthaew driver, so he accepted us for 10 baht each after insisting on 100 baht.

I think some things will never change, regardless of laws or army enforcement. A farang with luggage is an easy mark.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:I usually can get to the Dolphin Roundabout for 10 baht then walk over to where another baht bus is going to the bus station for 10 baht.
Yes, but why bother going through that to save 80 baht?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well, if the army insists prices stay at 10 baht, they have got something right for once. At 10 baht, there is still a surplus of baht buses, so no need to increase prices.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thais bearing a Thai I.D. should continue to pay 10 baht as 20 will make a difference to some Thais, all others should pay the 20 baht fare........and it would be nice if there were no surplus of baht buses.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

One has to ask wtf has it got to do with the Army?