Make your high season bookings NOW

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Make your high season bookings NOW

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:Maybe, but some gay visitors want a hotel where their boyfriends (temporary or otherwise) aren't stared-at.
Stared at by whom? Anybody you would give a damn about?

I see farang with young male friends literally every day, all the time - shopping, in restaurants, movie theaters, merely walking down a street - and in hotels. I have yet to ever see anybody staring at them. And even if somebody actually stares, so what? If somebody doesn't like it, that's their problem.

On my list of things to be embarrassed or self conscious about, somebody staring is way down at the bottom.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I've always assumed that most Thai gays love to be stared at and throw in some extra entertainment for the person staring. ;)
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Alex wrote:I've always assumed that most Thai gays love to be stared at and throw in some extra entertainment for the person staring. ;)
Effeminate Thai gay boys often love any opportunity to be camp, I don't find this endearing but I am sure there are those that do.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I forgot to mention - some hotels put on mandatory Christmas and/or New Year's Eve dinners, meaning if that's where you're staying, you're going to have to pay for it whether you want it or not.

You might want to check that when you book your room.

Don't necessarily be quick to reject the hotel if it is one that has one of those mandatory dinners. They're usually very good and sometimes much less expensive than restaurants featuring similar dinners. Check what will be on the menu and how much they're charging. if it's less than 1100 baht, compared to some restaurants that's a pretty good deal.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Yes, Undaunted, I'm probably being over-sensitive. On reflection, my boyfriend and I have stayed in many hotels across Thailand from Krabi to Chiang Rai- of which only one, Ambiance, identifies itself as gay- without problems. I recall his being a little apprehensive on our first trip Chiang Rai many years ago and I was anxious that he not be embarrassed. But he wasn't and never has been.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

For those who wish to stay in Sunee Plaza, the following is the current status of Elephant Plaza and Ting Tong Red availability - from information provided by a highly reliable source:

TingTong Red: 6 rooms @ 600B/day; all booked

Elephant Plaza Hotel: 10 rooms from 950B/day to 1,500 B/day; 6 rooms currently available

These are by no means the only accommodations in and around the Sunee Plaza area, but this is the information I have so far received.

The best accommodation information for everywhere in Pattaya is found on Nicky's Gay Pattaya. See: http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... esthouses/

I believe the information is kept current. The accommodations are listed, however the site does not list current room availability status. You'll have to check room availability yourself.

Again, if you want a room in a gay or gay friendly accommodation, make your booking NOW. Every day rooms during high season, especially around Christmas and New Year, are becoming more and more scarce.

DON'T WAIT
gaymandenmark

Post by gaymandenmark »

Well, I will not be in Thailand/Pattaya during this Christmas, but in the last two years I had no problem finding a room in the hotels or areas, where I wanted to stay.

Of course I could not be sure, and maybe I have different preferences, but I always got what I wanted. Even with same day calls.
But I am also a light and easy traveller, who don't need to stay in Boyztown or Sunee.

Maybe things have changed this year?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gaymandenmark wrote:in the last two years I had no problem finding a room in the hotels or areas, where I wanted to stay.
Where did you stay? That information might be helpful to anyone having trouble finding a room.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

gaymandenmark wrote:Well, I will not be in Thailand/Pattaya during this Christmas, but in the last two years I had no problem finding a room in the hotels or areas, where I wanted to stay.
Of course I could not be sure, and maybe I have different preferences, but I always got what I wanted. Even with same day calls.
The O.P. would like to create a sense of urgency, this might be valid for New Years and for one or two "Gay Hotels" but the last few years certainly haven't seen occupancy rates on the rise.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:The O.P. would like to create a sense of urgency
Oh good. What's your advice - for people to piddle around and not bother making their bookings now? Considering that several of the popular gay and gay-friendly accommodations are already fully booked, that "sense of urgency" is perfectly valid.

If you want to post a list of popular accommodations that still have rooms available, I'm sure people will be grateful for the information.