Air Asia flight delayed - Here's why

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Air Asia flight delayed - Here's why

Post by Gaybutton »

Folks, once again - I don't make these things up.

Passenger jet grounded by vibrating sex toy

A flight was grounded after baggage holders checked a vibrating rucksack they feared contained a bomb - and found a SEX TOY.

Eagle-eyed staff at Chiang Mai airport in Thailand heard a loud humming and felt the green rucksack shaking as they hauled it onto the AirAsia flight to Bangkok.

The terrified handlers feared it was packed with explosives and radioed for bomb disposal experts who raced to the runway on Wednesday morning.

But they were all smiles after tearing open the luggage and finding a silver vibrating bullet with a speed dial that had accidentally turned on.

The baggage handler who took the pictures, but asked to remain anonymous, said: ''We noticed the bag was shaking and there was a buzzing noise coming from inside.

''Obviously we were pretty scared because this could have been a bomb or some other explosive device.

''But when the experts arrived they opened up the package and it was just a sex toy. We checked it and found it was safe to take on the plane so we put back in the bag.

''The passenger is unaware that their bag caused a security alert. I think they would be deeply embarrassed if they found out.

''I have shared the pictures to make people aware of the dangers of carrying batteries and other items in their checked in luggage.

''The staff were very observant and went through the proper protocol. Safety issues like this are not something to be taken lightly.

The AirAsia flight FD3438 had been due to leave Chiang Mai International Airport for Bangkok Don Mueang on Wednesday morning at 08.25.

But with a short time slot for loading bags into the hold, the checks meant that the flight was delayed for around five minutes.

It took off shortly after 8.30 am - with the passenger oblivious that their rucksack caused a panic.

An AirAsia spokesman said: ''When inspected, the officers found a sex toy. They did not confiscate the item because it did not threaten aviation security. The flight was delayed by five minutes.''

The sale of sex toys is illegal in deeply religious Buddhist Thailand. It is believed the device was bought overseas and belonged to a tourist.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1476 ... g_sex_toy/
Undaunted

Re: Air Asia flight delayed - Here's why

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Note to potential terrorists, hide your explosives inside sex toys. The competent officers will giggle upon seeing what it is and refrain from a thorough inspection.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Years ago, I got my suitcase (hold luggage) from the belt and there was a humming sound. Upon opening right there, I found my electric shaver was on. I have no idea how it could switch on during during handling (you have to press and move at the same time), but now I put a piece of cardboard and tape to prevent it from getting switched on by chance.