Tarntawan Closing?

Anything and everything about Thailand
readerc54

Re: Tarntawan Closing?

Post by readerc54 »

Checking for an early October booking on Agoda, I was able to find Tarntawan offering rear-facing rooms available but no front-facing rooms or suites. When I spot checked dates in November and December, I was unable to find any Tarntawan listing. It appears that the transition process if very fluid.

I've always known Lucas to be a hotelier of much integrity and professionalism. I hope he'll soon post notices on his website and the boards to report what's going on. Many (myself included) want to continue as guests but some reassurance and reliable information would be appreciated. Otherwise, we're left to speculate. Is the buyer planning to remain open on a limited basis, keeping a handful of floors available while rehabbing others? Is the buyer planning to close temporarily while the building is gutted or torn down? Is the the buyer planning to cater to the package tour business exclusively? Or--hopefully--is it going to be business as usual.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

It seems that things are beginning to play out and come more into focus. The TP website is now showing availability from October and onward.

Agoda now lists "Tarntawan Place Hotel" availability for all dates.

Given that this has all occurred within a very brief time span of less than a week, it's possible that what took place is an internal reorganization for legal and financial purposes. Let's hope so because that would likely mean less disruption. I continue to wonder if we'll see a name change.

And since the occupants of the apartments have reportedly have to be out by year's end, that building may be on the market on in for a major makeover.

I can now resume planning my trip.
lukylok

Post by lukylok »

As I said on another site, I just booked on the hotel site for december, just as before. And already received confirmation.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Any news on whether the new owners will keep the current staff? many have been there for years, some even for decades.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Based on what Lucas has told others with reservations, this no longer appears to be a change of building ownership but rather a change of the identity of the company that manages the hotel. On Oct. 1, Moana Resorts will cease to operate the property and a management company of a different name will take over. IMO, the name of the management company will change but many of the same faces will not. The name of the hotel could still change but I guess we'll have to wait on that. Members who stay there after Oct. 1 will be in the best position to provide solid information and I look forward to their posts.
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Tarntawan hotel is not closing (the hotel NOT closing) but will undergo a change of management, this has been reported on other f=orums and a copy of an email from Lucas confirms this, it also confirmed that all bookings are still valid
Tawan434

Post by Tawan434 »

I was told Chiang Beer bought the property.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

When attempting to access the TP website, the following message appeared: "This site is under construction"
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

The hotel has just posted a notice confirming what has already been noted here. Apparently, the new owners have promised to maintain its "essential character".
I understand that the staff will be informed shortly as to what the future holds for them.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

And now we know. My boyfriend and I said goodbye to members of staff who aren't being retained. Apparently fifteen years plus of loyal service counts for nothing.