Early Retirement

Anything and everything about Thailand
thaifarang

Re: Early Retirement

Post by thaifarang »

Gaybutton wrote:
loke wrote:people that can choose to do the early retirement in their 40's or 50's are an exclusive group of people.
As for retirement pensions, it depends on the policies of the job you hold. Many jobs are just like mine - you're entitled to the full pension after you've worked 30 years no matter what your age is.
This is for jobs in the USA? I always viewed the USA as backward when it comes to work conditions, number of vacation days people receive, employee protection (you can be fired there in a whim). Western Europe is so much better. But this is perfect. You even said they couldn't fire you, you were protected, they couldn't just get rid of you after you worked there 25 years. I didn't know America had these conditions. This is better than Western Europe. I would have started work right after highschool and retire at 48. USA is an employee paradise.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaifarang wrote:I always viewed the USA as backward when it comes to work conditions, number of vacation days people receive, employee protection (you can be fired there in a whim)
I wouldn't call the USA a worker's paradise. Isn't that what Communist countries were supposed to be? Worked out great, didn't it?
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Jogger wrote:How right u are about the bone idles in the UK. Our taxes go to provide them with everything. These cockroaches also get free social housing, decent education and a NHS service which they use to the limit and they pay nothing.
Often the worst abusers of the system are Muslims who actually hate the UK and would have all gays executed.
Your political views are 100% mine (at least based on your quoted text, I am in full agreement).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jogger wrote:Often the worst abusers of the system are Muslims who actually hate the UK and would have all gays executed.
They're not alone in that.

The Good Reverend Phelps
Alex

Post by Alex »

thaifarang wrote:I suspect the many younger expats in Thailand, 40s, very early 50s live there on social security. They will say 'I am a freelancer', 'I am a digital nomad', 'I live from my blog' but for some (of course not all) when I see them it is very hard to believe. For once: living from your blog is as good as impossible for 99.9999999% of all blogs out there. Very untrustworthy if someone gives this as reason to me. Just my personal view. Intuition. Not scientific proof.
Believe it or not, many of us expats in our 40s and early 50s actually have a regular job - in Thailand. So the fact that you see many younger expats in Thailand doesn't mean anything by itself - not all of them are retired, freelancing or on the dole.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Very close Gaybutton. "Thai Airways is ready when you are."
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

thaifarang wrote:
Jogger wrote:How right u are about the bone idles in the UK. Our taxes go to provide them with everything. These cockroaches also get free social housing, decent education and a NHS service which they use to the limit and they pay nothing.
Often the worst abusers of the system are Muslims who actually hate the UK and would have all gays executed.
Your political views are 100% mine (at least based on your quoted text, I am in full agreement).
Now I get Thaifarang: a delicious bigot of Trumpian proportion. At least he has one or two sentences not using code ... one can find nasty dudes under many beds.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Smiles wrote:
thaifarang wrote:
Now I get Thaifarang: a delicious bigot of Trumpian proportion. At least he has one or two sentences not using code ... one can find nasty dudes under many beds.
You aren't very smart are you?
For your information I think Trump is a disgrace and a danger.

American conservatism is no conservatism. It is religious Christian extremism. I am not religious. I don't correlate at all with your Republican party. I think I am a common sense Democrat in American terms. Not a left wing hippy though (as you appear to be).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gentlemen, I do NOT permit personal attacks on this board. Stick to the issue itself. Any further personal attacks will be deleted and so will the membership of anyone who posts them. I mean it.

I suggest reading the Board Rules.

If you are not sure whether your post will be construed as a personal attack, send me a PM first with a copy of what you intend to post, before submitting the post. I will be happy to let you know whether the proposed post is or is not acceptable.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

thaifarang, being Dutch I wonder if you support Geert Wilders?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"