Early Retirement

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: Early Retirement

Post by a447 »

Well, I wouldn't really call him a partner. The money he "plays" with is 100% mine and his share of any profits is only a fraction of mine.

When we entered this relationship I asked him whether he would like a flat salary or a percentage of the profits. He chose the latter and we both agree he has made a wise choice.
It shows how confident he was in his abilities.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

a447 wrote:Well, I wouldn't really call him a partner. The money he "plays" with is 100% mine and his share of any profits is only a fraction of mine.

When we entered this relationship I asked him whether he would like a flat salary or a percentage of the profits. He chose the latter and we both agree he has made a wise choice.
It shows how confident he was in his abilities.
I always think a % is the better option (more motivation) I also like to see what they are doing, that's why each has a separate suite on either side of my yacht. :roll: You can't see me but I am the guy at the helm.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

:P
PeterUK wrote:An expat friend of mine hangs on in Pattaya by his fingertips after some unwise investments. The other day some Thai youths broke into his apartment to steal any money they could find. When my friend realised what they were there for he burst out laughing and said he'd help them search. :)
This story sounds familiar. I knew an American guy here in Pattaya that had his phone stolen so often we said now the boys feel sorry for you and they will leave something instead of taking something. He too ran out of money and went back to Florida to live with his aged parents, unbelievable as it might sound he is back. :roll:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
mariobryant

Post by mariobryant »

You can certainly live for a few years on the income from the portfolio, long term depends upon your returns from the portfolio and your cost of living.
Realize that markets go up and down and with most of your investments in stocks, when the markets correct (as they always do), it's not unusual to see a 10-30% in value. You need to be prepared for that.
Look at best and worst case scenarios for your portfolio and then make your decisions. Even if you stop working for awhile, you can always return to the work force. For example, to begin its work again, to go to courses on business management. Experienced business and inspirational speaker will help to find the business and be successful in business.