Pattaya before it was Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Oliver

Re: Pattaya before it was Pattaya

Post by Oliver »

When was the one-way (Beach Road/2nd Road) system introduced?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ronnie4you wrote:Gentlemen's Club was popular, but the age of the guys so questionable
Actually there was no question about it. The owner actually told me he pays 60,000 baht per month for certain members of the local constabulary to look the other way at his under-age boys.

Not surprisingly, about two or three years ago he was arrested at his home on "The Dark Side." As you probably already guessed, he was caught with under-age boys. I don't know what became of him, but I'll bet it wasn't good.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:The owner actually told me he pays 60,000 baht per month for certain members of the local constabulary to look the other way at his under-age boys.
The owner was a fucking horror..(Belgian or French)...his mamasan was worse!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The Belgian owner of the former Studio boys met the same fate.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Oliver wrote:When was the one-way (Beach Road/2nd Road) system introduced?
Here is a youtube video from 1994. There are also other videos of Pattaya on youtube you can check out.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:The Belgian owner of the former Studio boys met the same fate.
I can't remember whether he ended up arrested or was forced to shut down and leave the country.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
Undaunted wrote:The Belgian owner of the former Studio boys met the same fate.
I can't remember whether he ended up arrested or was forced to shut down and leave the country.
Actually he was arrested, seems he kept pix of all the boys...My friend's current B/F was asked to testify.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The French owner of the former Look Bar was also arrested......must be something in their cuisine :!:
Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

My first trip to Bangkok - stayed in Montien hotel at 3300 per night - was year 2000 i think (old passport long gone). I assumed that was a good price compared to European hotels lol

Spent my first night hating Bangkok as it was so damn hot and i sweated so much. Made it a few hundred yards and spent the whole night in an open air beer bar talking football and watching rugby with 2 straight Australian guys. No boys or ladys in sight. Already swearing i`d never come back again - so damn humid. Second night i discovered golden cock and happy endings and an all night karaoke with guys fighting over me and i fell in love with Thailand.

First trip to Pattaya - my eyes were on stalks. Set out with my expensive tight Italian leather pants & designer top on - that lasted 10 minutes despite the wolf whistles from all directions ( all muscle and no belly back then lol ).........way too hot and shorts were quickly changed into. Ended up with my first ever (wonderful) 3 way and a drunken dance party afterwards. Cafe royal was my aircon and food haven back then.

First trip to country side was a small village in Udon Thani area. Hated it - loud mozzies who feasted on me - incessant rain on tin shack rooftops. Locals who stared and shouted Oi farang every few minutes. One mor lam concert the next day and a3 different "encounters" on day 3 and i was in love with the country side.

First impressions definitely did NOT count!
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

My first trip to Bangkok and Pattaya was in 1985 (or maybe it was 1986).

Ronnie4you » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:21 am
My first visit was in 1987. We stayed at a hotel which would have been on the grounds of the Royal shopping mall. I agree that the guys seemed to very much like farangs. 2d Road was a dirt road in many places. Gentlemen's Club was popular, but the age of the guys so questionable that I did not go more than once. (Some looked to be about 12.) Otherwise, the layout was much the same, deducting all of the new buildings since then.
Probably PK Villa. On my first trip (traveling alone) to Thailand, I arranged hotels through a USA travel agency - in Pattaya, I stayed at the Royal Garden (3 story garden style building) which was also on the site of the Royal Garden shopping mall. I paid around 1,250 baht (US$50 - at that time, the baht was pegged at 25 to US$) - next door was the PK Villa, similar, with swimming pool - I inquired on rate and my next trip I made reservations with them - 500 baht per night (no internet booking back then, so it was done by snail mail). There was no problem taking someone to the room at Royal Garden, no joiners fee, they just had to leave their ID at the front desk. Definitely no problem at PK Villa.

by Between Lives » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 am
My first trip to Bangkok - stayed in Montien hotel at 3300 per night - was year 2000 i think (old passport long gone). I assumed that was a good price compared to European hotels lol
On my first trip, I also stayed at a hotel near, but not on, the river - name escapes me for the moment - as mentioned, I booked through a travel agent - 1,800 baht (about US$70). I spent, as I recall, 4 nights in Bangkok and 5 nights in Pattaya and another 2 nights in Bangkok. I was a kid in the candy store - took a different boy each night. The first two, we went to the Suriwong Hotel for a short time room, which was located on the ground floor adjacent to the parking area - each room had a parking space in front and a "curtain" that could be pulled around a parked vehicle (the way hospital rooms have the curtain when privacy is needed). The room also had lots of mirrors - but none on the ceiling ;) . The 3rd day, I decided to ask at my hotel about joiners - they said no problem, but I would have to pay the double room rate (which was a couple hundred baht more). That and the other nights, I took the chosen boy back to my hotel and he stayed all night. Back then, the "tip" was 300 baht (US$12).

by Between Lives » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 am
First trip to Pattaya - Cafe royal was my aircon and food haven back then.

On my first trip Cafe Royal and the bars on Pattyaland Soi 3 did not exist - they came a few years later. I did enjoy sitting on the Cafe Royal's terrace and ogling the wait staff in their very tight white shorts :D