Where to cruise in Bangkok - and other places too

Anything and everything about Thailand
Bangkokian

Re: Where to cruise in Bangkok - and other places too

Post by Bangkokian »

Jun wrote:A small selection was much more acceptable in somewhere like the Silom Centre, with it's more convenient location. If nothing was happening, the bars were a few minutes away. But that seems to be dead now.
Jun, did you mean Silom Centre or Silom Complex? They are quite close to each other on Silom separated by Convent.
Silom Complex used to be quite notorious before it's renovation --- how is it now?
I've never heard of Silom Centre having any activity but has anyone tried?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Bangkokian wrote:Jun, did you mean Silom Centre or Silom Complex?
I meant Silom Complex. I agree it was good before the renovation, but now seems to be dead.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Saranrom is the only place I know of. Numbers are declining, and I have asked boys there where in Bangkok they live, some come from up to 20 km away, which is an indication that it's the only such place in Bangkok.

I have been visiting public toilets for both purposes, nothing to write home about.

The sauna scene is stable, and the gay massage scene seems to be growing (difficult to quantify as there are a lot of places closing or relocating, and new ones opening up).
loke

Post by loke »

Yes this is the thread.

Any news since 2016 ?
I guess it will just be a hit or a miss to find someone and bring back to a short time room .
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Christian's reports are accurate and detailed, but he walks around the park and I have never known anyone who does that. Christian is young and physically fit and capable of walking great distances. He covers distances on foot that amaze me.

The SaranRom park is generally cruised while driving in a car. I did hear of someone using a taxi once but that's also very unusual.
The boys are not in the park at night. The park is closed at night. The boys line the street the borders the park. Stop and they come up to the window and you negotiate. Expect little to no knowledge of English.

The numbers have been really low in the past few years, probably due to the apps. Also, it's not an easy area to get to at night as a new subway line is under construction and there's night closures of streets for the delivery of subway station construction materials. Then there's a new bicycle lane that goes around the park and it' all the craze now to go out biking late at night. Driving and looking at the side of the road next to a bicycle lane is dangerous. Then every time I drive around the park someone behind me starts leaning on their horn and tailgating me to speed up.

The saunas, discos and bars (soi 4) are a better cruising option for a tourist without a car.
loke

Post by loke »

There are some hotels nearby Saranrom , maybe just try to live there for a few days so you can walk around in the area, I am fit and like to walk.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

loke wrote:There are some hotels nearby Saranrom
You can also have the boy take you to a nearby short time room. Believe me, they know where to take you. The boy might even take you to his own room.