Some Bangkok changes

Anything and everything about Thailand
Alex

Re: Some Bangkok changes

Post by Alex »

Trongpai wrote:For reasons I don't understand all the street food and vendors are still on Sukhumvit 4 (Nana). Different sub districts?
Different districts (Khlong Toei vs Watthana). Yes, that might explain it, or maybe there's another (less obvious) explanation.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

In addition to the new booth Super Rich is preparing to open on Silom (between Pizza Hut and KFC), It's also in the process of installing electronics in another new location on the third floor of Silom Center. It appears that this one will be staffed by 2-3 employees.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Curious about rumor that Hero would reopen in a new building at its old location today, I made an excursion to Sukumvit Soi 11 to see if I might be among the first clients. Alas, it was not to be. Having never visited the old Hero, I was unfamiliar with the exact location. From the map I looked at, it appeared to be at the end of a straight soi. What the map didn't show was that Soi 11 takes a dogleg turn left at a "t" intersection and I eventually found it near the very end.

It clearly was far from ready for occupancy with many tradesmen toiling away. Since I'd come this far, I just walked purposely inside and took a quick look around. There remains much interir finish, plumbing and electrical work to done. It's obvious the owner is investing heavily in this venture which has the potential to make a major impact once up and running.

Soi 11 is less than a hundred feet from the steps of the Nana BTS stop. It's a hike (15 plus min.) to Hero but there are plenty of transport options at the corner.
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Just been reading over on Gay Thailand that the new and official opening is Dec 9th, that thread also has some photos of the new building and I must say it looks very nice indeed. Looking at the photos and keeping in mind The Prince are doing this I will guess the prices will match The Prince
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maxxy wrote:that thread also has some photos of the new building
It's always good to include a link to make it easy for people to find. Here it is:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic ... o-massage/
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Sorry GB
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Dean and Deluca, the New York bakery/deli chain, is working on its 10th Thai location (nine are in Bangkok and one in Hua Hin) on Silom Rd. between Convent Rd. and Silom Center. I find the quality of their offerings to be high--almost as high as their prices. I usually restrict my infrequent purchase to coffee and a scone.

http://www.deandeluca.com/thailand
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

readerc54 wrote:Dean and Deluca, the New York bakery/deli chain, is working on its 10th Thai location (nine are in Bangkok and one in Hua Hin) on Silom Rd. between Convent Rd. and Silom Center. I find the quality of their offerings to be high--almost as high as their prices. I usually restrict my infrequent purchase to coffee and a scone.

http://www.deandeluca.com/thailand
With so many locations I wonder who is their customer base....Hiso Thais?

Now all Bangkok needs is a Zabars.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Undaunted wrote:Now all Bangkok needs is a Zabar's
Indeed!

Every year I still receive their holiday catalog which never fails to rekindle memories of being in New York as a much younger man. That's the Big Apple I choose to remember...Now what were we discussing? Food, was it?
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

readerc54 wrote:In addition to the new booth Super Rich is preparing to open on Silom (between Pizza Hut and KFC), It's also in the process of installing electronics in another new location on the third floor of Silom Center. It appears that this one will be staffed by 2-3 employees.
The new kiosk is now open in Silom Centre. It is on the floor above the skytrain entrance to the centre (take the escalator nearest to the entrance).
It is very swish looking, all on its own all a glass oval in plan view. Divided in two -- one half being a Bureau de Change, the other with desks chairs and computers.
Super Rich always used to give the best rates around --- is that still so?