Retirement Questions

Anything and everything about Thailand
aussie

Re: Retirement Questions

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote:
aussie wrote:When researching Thaivisa.com recently i saw reports that the Non-immigrant O to retirement extension will not be happening on the same day anymore or till further notice.
I'm not sure what that means. I renewed my retirement visa about 10 days ago. It wasn't due for renewal until mid June. The expiration date on my new visa is the same date as the mid June date - 2018.
I am searching for the link but they were discussing entering on a tourist visa, then later converting to the Non-O visa and applying for the 12 month extension of stay on the same day as the Non-O was approved. The posters were informed by immigration after getting their Non-O visa that they could apply for the 12 month extension of stay 30 days before the 90 day Non-O visa expired.

I was looking at going the Tourist Visa to Non-O to 12 month extension route but after considering the uncertainty of how long this might actually take and the extra visits to Thai immigration i decided it was easier to apply for a Non-OA multiple entry visa in Australia which takes two to three days to be approved once they get my application. Much easier to plan ahead that way.