Going for a little swim at Jomtien Beach? Read this

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Going for a little swim at Jomtien Beach? Read this

Post by Jun »

I'd heard the Ganymede sauna was no longer exclusively gay.

As for the Ko Larn option, how long does it take to get there?
A day trip to an island sounds good, as long as I don't have to be cooped up on a boat full of drunken people (from you know where) for a couple of hours each way.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:I'd heard the Ganymede sauna was no longer exclusively gay.
It isn't. Meanwhile, who other than gays ever goes there? I haven't gone myself, but people I know who have gone have said the boys working there are as gay as ever and so are the customers.

The boat ride to Ko Larn takes about 40 minutes or so.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

Gaybutton wrote:There are certainly alternatives to swimming in polluted water.
Oh dear....I'm usually so lazy when I'm on holiday. Maybe I'll just bring my little computer, write during the daytime and reserve my swimming for after dark.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Jun wrote: A day trip to an island sounds good, as long as I don't have to be cooped up on a boat full of drunken people (from you know where) for a couple of hours each way.
Russians? We can't say Russians? And, yes you'll be in close proximity of Russians smoking and flicking their ashes all over you, drunk, loud and sometimes smelly from sweat. Put up with that and you're generally rewarded with a clean beach and water. One time I went the water was not clean, must have been a change of the direction of the wind or currents but most times the water is free from debris and clear. It's a very nice swimming beach.

You might sit near one of the life vests and first sign of trouble grab on and heave ho over board.

On my resent trip to Koh Lanta I counted the life vests on the ferry and there were 14 for 25+ passengers and no life boats.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Better yet, when you get on the boat get a life jacket and put it on. If there is a problem you don't want to be fighting for a life jacket.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Sansuk Sauna was brimming in the evening (starts attracting numbers of customers from 4 or 5 pm on) last time I went there, construction now almost complete.

Some people subscribe to "sleep all day and party all night".

This subject (daytime activities in Pattaya) comes up regularly, I had a draft for "daytime activities in Pattaya" which I now completed published:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... ttaya.html

xiandarkthorne wrote:Oh dear....I'm usually so lazy when I'm on holiday. Maybe I'll just bring my little computer, write during the daytime and reserve my swimming for after dark.
That's what I'm planning to do next time!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote: I had a draft for "daytime activities in Pattaya" which I now completed published
I looked at your blog. As an aside to this topic, I noticed you wrote that you have not been to the Suphattraland Fruit Farm. If you want more information about it, click on the link. I've been there. I would recommend going only if you are truly interested in fruit trees. If not, I would recommend going only if you are going to be in that area anyway, rather than making a special trip.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5733#p55348
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Thanks for the link, I remember I read about the farm first here. From the links, entry seems to be 200 Baht for Thai and 650 for foreigner? (No information on their website) They have a website (Thai only):

http://www.suphattraland.com/index.php

The article on migrationology indicates that there is public transport, without giving details. How did you go there?

Compare to a fruit farm I have been to in Chanthaburi, 100 Bath per person, all you can eat and carry. There I had the most delicious Mangosteen ever, those on the ground, they fall off the tree when they are perfect!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:How did you go there?
I drove.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

christianpfc wrote:Sansuk Sauna was brimming in the evening
Thanks for the tip about Sansuk, Christian. Would you believe I've never been there? Anyway, sleep all day and party all night is what I try to do but never could. I'm used to waking up early and writing on my computer.

This coming trip I'll have plenty to write, though, as I just got another contract to write. I guess with all the pollution at the beach, I might as well write in the morning, go swimming and sinning at Sansuk in the afternoon, rest in the evening and then resume sinning with a vengeance after 8pm.

Hhhmmmm....now that I think about it, that sounds like the best way to go on holiday. :lol:
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/