Thai Expat TV

Anything and everything about Thailand
mahjongguy

Re: Thai Expat TV

Post by mahjongguy »

It seems these TV-via-Internet deals are popping up everywhere. Some require software so you can watch on your PC, others offer a box that can be connected directly to your TV.

I haven't seen any such deal where it's likely that the content is being legally distributed. This means that they are at high risk of being shut down at any moment, so it's unwise to pay on any basis except monthly.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

In UK, the way people are avoiding the Murdoch tax is by means of 'card sharing'. Using a Linux based receiver, connected to the internet, to access a 'card server' which supplies the decryption keys in real time. Bht 250 per month buys you 'everything'.
odd

Post by odd »

I live in Pattaya and I have picked up a calling card from UK TV Thailand. Neither its email or website are working.
I believe they work out of Jomtien Soi 5
Has anyone any experience of dealing with them?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

If your TV has an HDMI port you can connect an android box to it, providing you have decent internet speed. It is really so simple. Last nite during the late rain my True vision satellite dish reception was down as I was watching CNN so I turned on the "box" and watched CNN. These boxes are readily available at Tuckcom and are priced between 2000 & 3000 bht.

http://minix.com.hk.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
odd

Post by odd »

Undaunted-thank you. I have seen a demonstration of the box used by the people I mentioned in my post. This was excellent and gave me the Sports channels I want. I have an android box and most of the time I cannot get decent sport coverage. I am hoping somebody has experience of UK TV mentioned in my post
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Do not confuse UK TV with ThaiexpatTV.
Thaiexpat at about 700 Baht per month can be played via a software player on your computer (or link to your TV via an HDMI cable). They also have a 'box' to plug directly into a TV thereby needing no computer (but you do need WiFi or a cable connection).
They have all U.K. free to air programmes plus Sky News and a few others. No EPL though!
The quality is excellent, no buffering and 7 days stored.
They always have a free 2 day trial period to see if your cable speed and computer are adequate. Available all over SE Asia.
http://www.thaiexpat.tv/
PS I am no way involved in Thaiexpat except as a more than satisfied customer.
odd

Post by odd »

Thank you.
No, I am not confusing the two. uktv has a base in Jomtien Soi 5 and they charge about 650 per month. Their Sport coverage is excellent with all the SDky channels, BT Sport and many others. Also Sky News and Discovery, Histort, nat. Geog. Website is uktvthailand.com-I am not an interested customer either but it does seem better than ExpatTV.
I would just like to hear from somebody who has dealt with uktv in Pattaya
odd

Post by odd »

I am still awaiting some response to my above request! I throw another choice into the ring-megaexpat.tv. Any comments on the reliability of either? I realise that much depends on your wi-fi strength.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Bangkokian wrote:As you will see, from GB's first link where they announce the suspension, that they ask for the bank details of anyone who is owed money from an outstanding paid subscription so that they could be reimbursed. Hardly the action of a fly-by-night outfit.
A refund in Thailand.....now that would be a first!!
odd

Post by odd »

gerefan-I am talking about MEGAexpat.tv not expattv. They have completely different websites and charging.