Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Anything and everything about Thailand

Do you like to see "farang female impersonator shows"?

1/ Yes ,I like to watch them and will go to see them.
13%
2/No I do not like them,I dont want to see them.
87%

Total votes: 75

Gaybutton

Re: Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkok_Ron wrote:I voted No but agree with the posters who have said that the drag shows put on for Pattaya Pride always attract big audiences. If these farang drag shows are so unpopular why do the Pride and other charity events always get full houses?

As for those of you who have said that they prefer to see the boys in shorts ... please explain why are so many gogo bars almost empty?
Both answers seem simple enough to me. The Pride and charity events are unique, one-time affairs and there's much more to those than merely a drag queen show. I think if a drag queen show was the only significant aspect of those events, very few people would go.

As for the bars, you provided the answer within your own question. There are so many of them.
jimnbkk
Location: Usually Arlington, VA when I cannot be in Thailand.

Post by jimnbkk »

Gaybutton wrote:These poll results indicate to me that the bars that insist on the drag queen shows are depriving themselves of a significant number of potential customers. I wonder if it has occurred to anyone that if any of these bars would present a different kind of show a try, it might attract a lot more customers who don't like drag queen shows and people who don't bother with the shows at all because they know if they've seen one, they've pretty much seen them all.

GB, it is clear to me that these shows are not exclusively for the 'customers', they're for the performers! They love to get dressed up in drag and perform. At least one of the bars in Boystown has had a farang drag queen each of the few times I have gone in there. The audience went in there to see the boys, but have to put up with a farang drag queen for a bit as part of the cost of being there.
pennyboy

Post by pennyboy »

I will avoid them like the plague. I am at a bit of a loss. Can someone please give the names of the bars that have farang female impersoators and have standing room only for the show.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

jimnbkk wrote: GB, it is clear to me that these shows are not exclusively for the 'customers', they're for the performers! They love to get dressed up in drag and perform. At least one of the bars in Boystown has had a farang drag queen each of the few times I have gone in there. The audience went in there to see the boys, but have to put up with a farang drag queen for a bit as part of the cost of being there.

Very well put .....jimnbkk.
jomtiemlover

Post by jomtiemlover »

Still not enough voters ? Only can be judged when we have 100 or more.
macaroni21

Post by macaroni21 »

Why do you seem so desperate to get the result that you want?
jaafar

Post by jaafar »

My frank opinion is that most drag queens love performing, and are always grabbing the spotlight. Their audience is typically much less enthusiastic. The worst case is when the drag queen owns the bar, or part of it. They just won't give up the limelight. (I should know, because my blessed mother was cut from the same cloth. She'd throw a dinner party for sixty people and then, "at popular request," sing for her guests. It was a strange inversion of the idea of "sing for your supper." In her case, you had to pay for your supper by listening. :shock: )

But I have to qualify that with an experience at Jupiter in Bangkok a few years back. Some kathoey did a lip-sync of one of the oldest and most boring kathoey songs in the world --- you're right, I don't remember it, but something as bad as "I've never been to me" etc. --- but it was obvious that she understood the English lyrics, every word, and she poured her heart into the performance, and I was frankly amazed at what a powerful show she put on. If they were all that good, they'd get no complaint from me. As things stand, however, it's a good time to hit the head. ;)
monty

Post by monty »

Hi All
In the last 12 months of running Monty's I change from drag lip sync, to sexy boy show,(Google Monty's Pattaya to see sexy boy show) the big drag cabaret show like Tiffany's ect,
are good ,But seen one you seen them all.

My thoughts are the Show bars are are a thing of the past, the cost is a lot more,Staff problems more,Dividens less. There was no increse in punters from drag to sexy boy show.
Some thing NEW is needed, I just dont know what.
Take Care
Monty
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

monty wrote:Google Monty's Pattaya to see sexy boy show
There are several of these on YouTube

macaroni21

Post by macaroni21 »

monty wrote:There was no increse in punters from drag to sexy boy show.
Some thing NEW is needed, I just dont know what.
If the video is any indication, then (and this is just my opinion/taste) it's merely a shade better than a drag show; it won't be enough for someone like me to make an effort to go to that bar. The chief issue I'd have is that the boys are just not appealing - to me they look so emaciated there is no sex appeal at all. Nearly as important, the show basically features femininity - make-up, gestures, gait - which are turn-offs. In other words, I wouldn't call this a sexy boy show, because there's neither sex appeal nor masculinity.

Beachlover will probably put it more bluntly. . . now where is he when I need him?