8%
Elsewhere in Asia
4%

Total votes: 178

Gaybutton

Re: Who Are You?

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:I was surprised that I was able to vote without logging in
I was not aware of that. I have now set the board so that only registered users can vote. I also have had it set so that you can change your vote if you wish. The board was set like that from the outset. If you vote for the same choice more than once the board does not count it as an additional vote. It only counts it as the same vote, but changed.

Like YardenUK, I don't know why anybody would want to vote more than once unless they want to stack the deck for some reason. In any case, that was not possible and still is not possible.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

whoops! If someone really voted 4 times, I will have to reconsider how amazing the number of posters voting actually was.
Far be it from me to accuse anyone of doing anything dodgy but I guess we will have to wait for the next poll to get confirmation
of the amazing poll numbers or see if it was a fluke. :roll:
At least we know they weren't from South America with only one vote.

I do know on some other forums, some posters have so many handles that they could shift a poll, all by themselves.
goldie09

Post by goldie09 »

I am a British expat been living in Thailand for the past 20 years. I own/run a Petrochemical related Expediting and Expediting Company in the Eastern Seaboard and stay at my home close to Khao Chee Chan, Ban Saray/Ban Amphur. Do not visit to Pattaya very frequently, but am interested in the forums for information of happening events or topics. Becoming interested in Organic Farming with a view of retreating to one in the near future. Interested in making friends with long term residents for occasional social events. In a long term relationship. Thanks
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote:some posters have so many handles that they could shift a poll, all by themselves.
As far as I know that would be the only way someone could do that. You don't have to wait for another poll to check. Cast another vote yourself and see if the numbers change. If the numbers do change, then you should definitely let me know because that would be a software problem and I would have to try to find a fix for it.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

I trust gaybutton's troll detection and moderating abilities..
The utter lack of serious start-up problems here, is truly amazing and minor gliches are taken care post haste..

I don't think there is a rule against having multiple handles and it should be considered, as the abuses
on other forums are largely due to a couple of posters having dozens of handles and abusing their priviledges..
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I was curious if I would be able to vote again, but as I didn't know the numbers before voting I couldn't compare them to the numbers after voting. But now it's fine: no more voting possible, neiter logged in nor logged off.

On ebay, you can open only one account per email address. If you want another account, you need a different email. I've no idea why, because it takes only minutes to get a free email.
kenc

Post by kenc »

cdnmatt wrote:Basically all farangs I've met, online or in person, have told me I'm an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. Thing is, when it comes to true character, Kim has proven himself FAR more than any farang in Thailand I know, so I'll side with him. We've definitely had our ups and downs, and been through our share of turmoil, but always managed to come out on top. Actually, we're doing excellent these days, and not sure why. I guess it's just time doing its thing, and as the months tick by, we grow on each other, and the relationship becomes deeper and more intrisical.
Well, I don't think you're an idiot, even though I haven't said so in other forums.
Here's a present, from one incurable romantic to another...

(edited to correct drunken mispellings)
kenc

Post by kenc »

Oh, shame on me.
I really, REALLY can't resist.......

Keyvan

Post by Keyvan »

I am an Australian living in Bali. During my long life I have travelled the world, living and working in many different countries. 1st discovered Thailand early 70's when my favourite bar was Lonely Boy, in Silom Soi 4 down the bottom where Noriaga's is now, back when the Suriwongse, Rose and Malaysia were just sex hotels available by the hour, courtesy of the Vietnam war and horny young GI's with wads of dollars burning a hole in their pockets.

I love Thailand and visit every few months but have never been trapped into believing 'the smile', have always been aware that behind the smile was a different world. Quite the opposite to the young Balinese who 'wear their hearts on their sleeves' completely. I have always said that the Thais were the only race who could lie to you openly and you not take offence, they do it so nicely and only the naive fools get taken in and duped. I love them for their surface niceness and free attitude to life, what you see is what you get. They, like me, love food. Just a shame that the standard of Thai cuisine in Thailand goes further down the shute every year, laziness it is called. Some exceptions but many horrible packed restaurants catering to what they think the foreigner wants...and they are right as they are full ...Mango Tree for example!

Anyway real time-honoured Thai will soon be back in Bangkok with the opening of Nahm at The Metropolitan with the Thai guru David Thompson and a brilliant young very talented chef Chris Miller. Both long term members of 'the family'.
Brett

Post by Brett »

I am Brett, 49. My long term partner and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. Being involved in an import business, I visit SE Asia and China regularly on business and we also spend as much leisure time as possible in Thailand and surrounds. Like so many others, would like to retire to Thailand or Cambodia some day.