Scraggles

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Scraggles

Post by Undaunted »

Hornet app is the one I prefer and unfortunately 90% of the offerings have "Scraggles".
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

It's difficult to believe that young men and teenage boys would allow some facial hair to grow in. Don't they
realize some old farangs won't like it and not 'off' them? How dare they follow the fads of their peers and not
the desires of the aged.

I imagine it's a Peter Pan syndrome, always remaining a boy, never growing up.

I clearly remember being a young man back in the 1960's and having old men going hysterical over the length
of The Beatles hair and subsequently when many teenager boys and men let their hair grow and grow, you might think it was
the end of civilization with the endless criticism and berating. These same old men hated
beards, mustaches and goatees. Of course, many of the old timers were resplendent in their comb-overs and
mismatched plaid shorts and shirts.

40-50 years ago, few young guys gave a shit what old people thought looked right unless you were buying them a sports car and a condo. If you're not paying, live and let live.
My pet peeve was the baggy pants fashion that lasted for years. Now it's skin tight jeans. No complaints..
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:Why don't you just give up?
Maybe because I don't like to kiss and get my teeth brushed at the same time . . .

catawampuscat wrote:My pet peeve was the baggy pants fashion that lasted for years. Now it's skin tight jeans. No complaints..
One fad that, at least so far, has not caught on among these boys is the boxer shorts hiked up to their chest and the pants pulled down below their butts. I hope it stays that way.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: One fad that, at least so far, has not caught on among these boys is the boxer shorts hiked up to their chest and the pants pulled down below their butts. I hope it stays that way.
To each his own! I love this look, but must be wearing a baseball cap.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:I love this look, but must be wearing a baseball cap.
Him or you . . . ?
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

The baggy-look with the underwear riding up, as the baggies ride down. Love it!!
You can see this during the break-dance troupe who often share their incredible roll-on-my-head-on-asphalt talents in Jomtien Plaza on certain nights. I don't get to Jomtien often but have been lucky enough to be there when they're there on quite a number of visits. Not a lot of 'Skinny Jeans' 'mongst that ensemble, but they leave with flat heads and my baht every time.
Often, you'll see a few nice bubble butts after the dance ... before they have a chance to hoist up the baggies. :D These dudes are in shape ... butts included!

Noticed: designer Tom Ford recently mentioned on the Fashion Channel that he thought the Skinny Pants era was over over over and sooooo passe. Hope he's right.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Smiles wrote: Noticed: designer Tom Ford recently mentioned on the Fashion Channel that he thought the Skinny Pants era was over over over and sooooo passe. Hope he's right.
We will be dead by the time this fashion news reaches Thailand :!:
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

So far as I've seen, this particular fashion hasn't caught on either in Thailand. Whether you like scraggles or not, go to the top of the head and that's where my interest peaks either yay or nay. Man buns. AKA top knots. The most hideous, ugliest thing ever conceived in the world of hair fashion. I seldom see these in real life, but when I do I just want to find a pair of scissors, a saw, an axe and chop the ugly thing off his scalp. It should be against the law, punishable by fine and imprisonment.

Fortunately when I googled Thai man buns, nothing significant came up. Two cheers for Thailand.

Rogie

Post by Rogie »

Several years ago when I was going through one of my long hair episodes I took to tying it back in a similar way to the young man in Thaiworthy's post above. I didn't refer to it as a man bun as I'd never heard that expression. I did it in revolt against the standard way of wearing long hair in men which was usually the pony tail. Now the pony tail is in retreat and less often seen and the man bun's become something of a fashion. I like the chap's beard which is a decent length and nicely trimmed, although I have to laugh when I see a group of (western, not Thai) young men nowadays in their twenties the majority of whom seem to be wearing beards, and those that do not have the scraggle - to me they look like clones (that's a rather tricky word to use, perhaps a bit non-PC these days, no doubt it will remind many of us of the term Castro clone) even more so when it comes with the I-can-hardly-be-bothered-to-get-dressed look.

My least favourite hairsyle is the dreadlock; seeing one, I always wonder when those dangling locks last saw a good shampoo.
Ronnie4you

Post by Ronnie4you »

Since you asked, I will say that I prefer no facial hair. Armpit and crotch are fine, but a smooth hole is a prerequisite!