Erich Returns

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 553 times

#1 Erich Returns

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Many of you probably remember Erich, our German friend who had a restaurant at Sammy's in Sunee Plaza, moved on to the Up2U bar, and about a year or so ago returned to Germany.

Now Erich has returned and is opening his restaurant in the Jomtien Complex, connected with the La Dolce Vita bar. He will soon be serving the old favorites - his pork dishes, the American meatloaf, coq au vin, along with other selections and will also be running his outside sausage grill.

To get things kicked off, they are going to hold a free Thai food buffet on Tuesday, August 24 at 8:00pm.

I, for one, am delighted he is back and I'm sure looking forward to that meatloaf! Erich's presence is certain to be an asset to Jomtien Complex and for those of you who enjoyed his food and missed it, now he's back and all is right with the world.

gertrude

#2 Re: Erich Returns

Postby gertrude » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Fantastic .
glad he s .back.
On the subject of German,does..anyone know if the German bar in the jomtiem..complex is still serving the Sunday German sausage soup?
Not sure since i .know one of them had died.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#3 Re: Erich Returns

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:15 pm

gertrude wrote:anyone know if the German bar in the jomtiem..complex is still serving the Sunday German sausage soup?

There's a German bar in Jomtien Complex? Do you know the name or location within the complex? I'm not familiar with it.

thaiworthy

#4 Re: Erich Returns

Postby thaiworthy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:08 am

Gaybutton wrote:Many of you probably remember Erich, our German friend who had a restaurant at Sammy's in Sunee Plaza, moved on to the Up2U bar, and about a year or so ago returned to Germany . . . I, for one, am delighted he is back and I'm sure looking forward to that meatloaf! Erich's presence is certain to be an asset to Jomtien Complex and for those of you who enjoyed his food and missed it, now he's back and all is right with the world.

I remember Erich from Sammy's, too. And I loved that meatloaf. Had a special taste to it and there was nothing else quite like it. Amor had good meatloaf, too.

travelerjim

#5 Re: Erich Returns

Postby travelerjim » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:23 am

Gaybutton wrote:There's a German bar in Jomtien Complex?

GB,

It is La Dolce Vita...and they were serving German food
every Thursday & Sunday nights...and a great soup too!

Walked by there Sunday night...and the sign was out in front
with their specials..including Pea Soup with sausage..100 baht.

I asked when open..waiter said 6pm or 7pm..
for me come back later..
it was 5:30pm for me at the time.

Never went back..as the waiter was so disinterested... :(
but I have enjoyed their specials on occasion.

Glad to learn Erich will now be there...he is great! :D

tj

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#6 Re: Erich Returns

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:26 am

travelerjim wrote:It is La Dolce Vita...and they were serving German food
every Thursday & Sunday nights...and a great soup too!

Then it's been right under my nose all this time. I didn't know the bar is German and I never knew they serve food. Well, with a name like La Dolce Vita I can't imagine why it never occurred to me that the bar is German . . .

travelerjim

#7 Re: Erich Returns

Postby travelerjim » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 am

GB,

Actually, I think one of the two owners was from Switzerland...
and he made the great German dishes...was only served Thursday and Sunday nights...

Now, good food will be served every night...
with Erich there at La Dolce Vita in Jomtien Complex.

tj

Undaunted

#8 Re: Erich Returns

Postby Undaunted » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Glad to hear this he was a very personable guy. Anyone know why he left Up2You?

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#9 Re: Erich Returns

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Undaunted wrote:Anyone know why he left Up2You?

The story I heard was that it was just too small for him to be able to do very much with it. Then a better offer came along for him in Germany, so with great reluctance he left. Now he has worked out a deal with La Dolce Vita and has been able to return to us. I hope he does not just well there, but real well there. Now that he's back, there's going to be several restaurants that see less of my business on the nights Erich is serving his meatloaf.

atri1666
Liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time

#10 Re: Erich Returns

Postby atri1666 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 am

Gaybutton wrote:Now Erich has returned and is opening his restaurant in the Jomtien Complex, connected with the La Dolce Vita bar. He will soon be serving the old favorites - his pork dishes, the American meatloaf, coq au vin, along with other selections and will also be running his outside sausage grill.

Really good news for me. Only have had small contacts over GR with Erich. I already loved his meals when he had the restaurant in Villa Mansland in Prague many years back.

Return to “Thailand”