Ethnic Restaurants

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

#11 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby Undaunted » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 pm

The American Rib Co. Authentic smoked barbecue ribs and all the trimmings.......Oh! For our British friends you will have real backed beans nothing like those beans you have for breakfast. Priced mid range.... large portions. I hope cafe New Orleans sees this they could learn a few tips! Theppasit road.

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 35 times

#12 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby lvdkeyes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 pm

While the taste at American Rib Co. is there, they are too dry for my taste.

Undaunted

#13 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby Undaunted » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:58 pm

lvdkeyes wrote:While the taste at American Rib Co. is there, they are too dry for my taste.

Why not ask for extra barbecue sauce?

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 553 times

#14 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:16 pm

lvdkeyes wrote:While the taste at American Rib Co. is there, they are too dry for my taste.

I wouldn't have thought these kinds of ribs would fall under the category of ethnic restaurants, but as long as it has been brought up, I like the ribs at Cherry's the best.

Are there any good Chinese restaurants in Pattaya? I don't mean fancy, expensive ones such as at the Montien Hotel. I'm talking about the mom-and-pop Chinese restaurants just like the ones you find all over the USA. I miss my egg foo yung, egg drop soup, sweet and sour pork, and fortune cookies. The Canton House in Central is very good, but it's primarily dim sum, which I love. Unfortunately they don't have any sweet and sour pork or egg foo yung. But I miss those mom-and-pop places. I miss calling and ten minutes later they've got my order ready for take out. Bangkok has Chinese restaurants that come close. That tiny hole-in-the wall place next door to the Pinnacle Hotel has some of the best sweet and sour pork I've ever tasted.

If Pattaya has anything like that, I haven't found it.

lvdkeyes

#15 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby lvdkeyes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Undaunted wrote:

Why not ask for extra barbecue sauce?

Extra sauce just makes dry meat sloppy with sauce. Once meat has dried out there is nothing you can do to make is moist again.

lvdkeyes

#16 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby lvdkeyes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Leng Kee (sp?) on Pattaya Klang has fairly good Chinese food with fast service and cheap prices.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 553 times

#17 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:14 pm

lvdkeyes wrote:Leng Kee (sp?) on Pattaya Klang has fairly good Chinese food with fast service and cheap prices.

Do they have egg foo yung and sweet and sour pork, by any chance? If not, what have you seen on their menu?

The restaurant is on the corner of Pattaya Klang (Central Road) and Soi Buakhao as I recall.

lvdkeyes

#18 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby lvdkeyes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 pm

I have only eaten there twice and I, honestly, don't remember the menu. Yes, it is where you say.

bao-bao
Liked: 37 times
Been liked: 5 times

#19 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby bao-bao » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:28 am

Gaybutton wrote:That tiny hole-in-the wall place next door to the Pinnacle Hotel has some of the best sweet and sour pork I've ever tasted.

Ah, yes... the Sun Moon Cafe! Odd coincidence - I just prepared a photo of the place this morning for a post I'm still working on. I downsized it a bit again for the forum here since I can't seem to figure our how you do images you click on and enlarge.

CurlyEye

#20 Re: Ethnic Restaurants

Postby CurlyEye » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:15 pm

i recently found a new (for me) Indian restaurant that quickly moved to the top of my list for Indian food. It is on Soi 16 between Walking St and 2nd Rd and on the left hand side as one is walking toward Walking St, about a third of the way down the Soi. it is between two tailor shops and there are a lot of Arab/Middle Eastern Hooka Pipe places on either side. I cannot recall the name but they advertise as being the oldest Indian restaurant in Pattaya. I met the owner in the gym and he was a very nice guy who asked me to try it. He said his father opened the place many years ago and he took over from his father in the 90s.

Return to “Thailand”