Postby Gaybutton » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:36 pm

gertrude wrote:Simple Simons?

Ach soooooooo. Thank you.

penguin

#13 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby penguin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:08 pm

**Thread hijack warning**

The Best Thai Breakfast in England ....

in my experience anyway, and it's more brunch than breakfast ... Cats Café des Artistes, Finsbury Park London. I was there yesterday afternoon for lots of yummy vegetable tempura, dumplings, corn cakes, wonton and chilli squid.

It's funny how I walked past about half a dozen of the kind of London greasy spoon café places that you guys would probably kill for over there, to get to a Thai restaurant that would probably not get a second glance in Pattaya (except perhaps for the prices).

**End of hijacking**

let me tell u

#14 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby let me tell u » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Yes I would have metioned Maggs but I forgot they do Breakfast, must be one of the best all round English thai food restarants in Pattaya, along with THE RITZ CAFE Jomtiem Complex.
Maggs Wine Bar and Restaurant is situated only 5 minute walk from Jomtien and Dongtang Beach. Situated on Thepprasit road jomtien 50 meters from the Thappraya Road Junction. Heading from Thappraya Road, Maggs is situated on the left hand side.

My favorite Saturday special - Chicken breast stuffed with sage and onion, Roast potatoes and Seasonal vegetable 165 Baht.

Draft beer 40 Baht.- Friday night is Cocktail night.

The restaurant is ideal for any resident living in View Talay 1, View Talay 2, View Talay 5 and Royal Park Village as it is within minutes walk to the restaurant.
Maggs Wine Bar and Restaurant is situated only 5 minute walk from Jomtien and Dongtang Beach. Situated on Thepprasit road jomtien 50 meters from the Thappraya Road Junction. Heading from Thappraya Road, Maggs is situated on the left hand side.

Contact details Tel 038 251236 : Mobile 081 1534773

The restaurant opens twice daily. Morning serving full English breakfasts, cereals etc.

Opening hours 8:30am - 2pm : 6pm - 10pm Monday - Saturday Closed all day Sunday

By the way! its also good to have my favorite forum writer back again "PeterUK" I hope your going to show the folks here, just what your capable of, your right up there with the best, I'm sure if you wanted to you could have a best selling book, waiting to see what your best at, wonderful stories soon. :)

whitedesire

#15 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby whitedesire » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Yes I agree, Maggs is one of the best in Pattaya, someone has forgotten Le Cafe Royale, who are very good for their breakfasts, good sausages and bacon, tea or coffee, toast with the condiments. But Maggs is my favourite - and you know who is cooking the food and generally where it is from, there is no "crap" at Maggs.

patrick

#16 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby patrick » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Papa David is my favourite..

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 35 times

#17 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby lvdkeyes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 pm

What are proper vs improper sausages?

mahjongguy
Liked: 9 times
Been liked: 46 times

#18 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby mahjongguy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:30 am

Rather than Papa David's, go next door to Anna's. There is one very nice table out back by the pool. Just remember that "bacon" means back bacon.

Improper sausages? Oh, that's tempting. Nicely plumped, from Issan. Well, in case the question was sincere, the poster meant that most places in Thailand serve ordinary hot dogs instead of something with actual flavor.

Grimmy

#19 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby Grimmy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:38 am

The only one I would not suggest is the buffet at Lek's Hotel. Though the price is right and the quantity large, the actual standard is low and certainly not anywhere comparable to a "proper English Breakfast!" However, if you want a truly cheap, Thai spin on breakfast, this is the place to go. Talk about improper sausages... they use those disgusting mini Thai hotdogs!

My votes are with The Poseidon and Le Cafe Royale.

:mrgreen: Grimmy

Daniel
Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 11 times

#20 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby Daniel » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:45 pm

This morning, I enjoyed the Café Royale's Eggs Benedict. My friend enjoyed and almost finshed a large English breakfast. The quality and service are good and you've a choice of eating on the terrace or inside with air-con.

Return to “Thailand”