The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Elephant Bones

#1 The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby Elephant Bones » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 pm

On my last trip, I tried numerous places in my Quest for a good English Breakfast. The best I found was at the White Night, now sadly closed. So where should I go on my next trip for the best English Breakfast.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 559 times

#2 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:59 pm

I think you're going to get a diversity of opinions on this one. For that type of breakfast my personal choice would the the Continental Bakery.

http://www.continentalbakerypattaya.com

cdnmatt

#3 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby cdnmatt » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Personally, back when I stayed in Pattaya, I always enjoyed Gossip Cafe for a breakfast. Excellent food, plus right close to Mosaik Apartments.

Most farang breakfasts in Thailand are horrible, but they were really good. Would recommend the omlette.

starofdavid

#4 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby starofdavid » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Certainly the SALT AND PEPPER cafe in day night is very good in taste and pricing.

I recall having a cooked breakfast sausage etc and coffee and paying 85 baht.

I also went to breakfast buffet i think leks hotel it was called 110 b as much as u can eat albeit the sausages were not real kind.

I

Undaunted

#5 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby Undaunted » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 pm

One the same street as Salt&Pepper closer to Pattaya Thai is Cusine Au Beurre most people see it as a place for dinner but it opens early and has a huge breakfast all inclusive for 110 Bht. One suggestion when ordering tell the waiter that instead of the sausage you would prefer more ham or bacon as it is a Thai sausage more like a hot dog. Breakfast served all day!

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#6 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Another factor for me in choosing a place for breakfast is their opening hours. Many breakfast restaurants don't open until 10:00am. That's too late for me. For me, if I'm going to have breakfast I want it between 7:00am to 9:00am. I don't find very many places open at those hours, so most of the time if I eat breakfast at all, I make my own at home.

I like the breakfast at Poseidon. The open at 8:00 am, but they don't serve a sit-down English breakfast of the type Elephant Bones is looking for. Theirs is a buffet. It's a very good buffet in my opinion, but it's not an English breakfast.

patexpat

#7 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby patexpat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Bit of a hidden gem is Chow Soy restaurant- yes it's a Chinese restaurant owned by Davey, a Scots guy (he is also the DJ at The Venue). But B100 baht for 2 eggs any style, 2 English bacon, 2 English sausage, tomato, baked beans, fried bread and tea or coffee! Nicely cooked and try the poached eggs for a treat! At the Soi Bukhao end of Soi Chayapoom ...

lvdkeyes
Been liked: 38 times

#8 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby lvdkeyes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I used to like Continental, but had a few bad experiences there. The last was the worst French toast on earth. I have stopped going there. Simple Simon on Jomtien Beach Soi 5 (Immigration Soi) had good English breakfast. But honestly how anyone can eat canned beans for breakfast is beyond me.

let me tell u

#9 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby let me tell u » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Number 1) Papa Davids

Number 2} Continental there is 3

Number 3) Poseidon

Number 4) TwoGuys, Yensabai

Number 5) Linda's, Jomtien

Number 6} Bondi, Jomtien Beach.

Number 7)Yorkies, Jomtien Nua, they also make most of the sausages and meat for all of the hotels and restaurants around Pattaya

Number 8) Simple Simon

-To start with. PLUS:-

Also try Foodland they do many good meals, Breakfast Included.

A lot of Guyz i have spoken to love The Boat opposite Boyz Town

But if you want all you can eat and its good Try LEK Hotel 2nd road...open to all you'll be amazed.

Last but not least try:-
Shenanigans - 150B
- 2 x English style bacon (not that crispy shite)
- 2 x proper sausages
- tomatoes
- 2 x eggs (with extra toast if you order scrambled)
- baked beans served on the side
- Hash browns
- 2 x thick sliced toast with marmalade
- 1 x Juice
- Fresh coffee with free refills

Really hard to beat - open at 8:30 & you wont be able to eat again until 4pm - -

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#10 Re: The Best English Breakfast In Pattaya

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Kanemidlands wrote:good breakfast at SS

What and where is SS?

Return to “Thailand”