Classic Boys Bangkok Closing

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: Classic Boys Bangkok Closing

Post by a447 »

It won't be a lesson to them unless someone talks to the management and tells them the mamasans are to blame.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I guess there was a last minute reprieve call and Classic Boys goes on and was open when I visited on Sunday, 16.10.2017 at 2200 to midnight.

The source of the original closing information was there and did not give much of a consistent or comprehensible explanation. The more I ask the less I know.

I arrived at 2200 and was very surprised to find an almost full house. One other white guy and 30 or so Asians including 10 ladies. The Asian ladies looked quite hi-so. They were tipping boys and buying them drinks.

The predatory money grabbing mamasans were all asking for and receiving drinks from the lady customers. I noticed they had three tables with solicited drinks all running at the same time. They demanded and received tips as well.

There was an Indian man next to be that was really being played by one of the worst mamasans. I kept seeing 1000B notes getting passed to him. The Indian man was offing one of the show boys, an exceptional show boy, a real looker, and the mamasan was collecting all payments upfront. Drinks, off, and tip for boy came to 7000B! The customer was obviously new to the game. I wonder how much the boy gets from the manasan.

Anyways, they leave me alone and don't try that shit on me.

The boys on stage were just what the doctor ordered if your preference is twinks. There were a lot of high quality twinks. Some of them I've known for quite some time, sweet and cute. There were also some middle of the road -- boy next door types. There were around 30+ boys and I was told 6 were already offed. There were 4 Coyote boy dancers, new to Classic.

The show has been somewhat reworked. I know most of you don't like shows in the bars, so just skip this part. There are two boys in drag doing lip sync and dancing. I knew them both before they went drag and there's real boys under all the make up and wigs. They are not lady boys and do not take hormones. You would have to hose them down to find the boy under. There were 8 regular boy dancers doing several routines. There were three sex shows that were sort of imaginative. I would not call the show overall good but neither would I call it bad.

So, bottom line Classic Boys is open

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:I wonder how much the boy gets from the manasan.
Three guesses . . .
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I never had problems with mamasans there (nor anywhere else, can all mamasans sense that their charms are wasted on me?).

The building to the back of Classic Boys was demolished in September, and I wonder what is going to be built there.

Last time I have been to Classic Boys some months ago, there was a very cute boy in the show, short hair, seems to come from outside just for the show, didn't see him on stage before or after. But crossed paths with him on another visit to Soi Twilight and got his name: Beer (should have gotten his Line as well!). Does anyone know him closer?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The construction project is what was threatening to take that entire corner. I don’t know what it is going to be. For now Classic and the corner is safe.

If someone wants the land I am sure it can be obtained for the right price.

I’ve been reading and hearing gentrification plans for this area since the mid 90’s.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I have been in Classic Boys over the last couple of nights. I am pleased to say that it still appears to be operating and there is no sign of any Mamasans.

I turned up both nights just before the show, which does contain some hideous ladyboy lip-syncers.... unless they are the Mamasans, which seems unlikely.

I was left alone each time I went in.
Jun

Post by Jun »

That's good news. Hopefully the evil mamasans have been fired. I might even venture back in there if they have gone.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

The ex MP/massage empire owner/TV personality, Khun Chuwit, recently did a walkabout with cameras in the Silom soi4/Twighlight areas for Channel 3.
Quite a large section was devoted to Classic Boys, interviewing the nice wife of the BIB owner.
He then went inside and saw the show and ended up in the boys' dressing room. He put his arm around one of the boys who shied away in horror. Interestingly, the boys in the aquarium were wearing jeans.
The programme, about 17 minutes long, is available on Youtube -- only in the Thai language, no subtitles.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Thanks for posting that.

I've never waited for the show to start, since the main attraction is the boys. If the video is representative, there is no reason to ever see the show.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

gerefan wrote:I turned up both nights just before the show, which does contain some hideous ladyboy lip-syncers.... unless they are the Mamasans.
Actually, the "hideous ladyboys" are not ladyboys. They are two real boys and if you wash off all the makeup and remove the wigs and lady clothing they are far from hideous but that's my subjective judgement. They are making a living and after Classic they move on to the late night venues and perform their act again. The makeup comes off after work and then they appear quite fit middle of the road males, not even fem boys. It's just a job.

There are three total (two at a time) at Classic that do the drag act and I knew them originally as boys. When I first saw them in drag I had no idea who they were. They had to tell me.

They are not Mamasans.

This was bad wording for a topic title, sorry. As events and circumstances developed it was not closed. I should have just titled it Classic Boys.