Product Search

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
RichLB

Product Search

Post by RichLB »

This might be a useful thread for those of us who have been searching for products from our home country but have had no success here in Pattaya. What springs to mind for me is SOS or Brillo pads. These are cleaning supplies which have a cleanser embedded in an abrasive pad. Failing to find that, does anyone know where one can find Dutch Cleanser or a Thai equivalent? Feel free to use this thread to post your own "hide and seek" items.
Gaybutton

Re: Product Search

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't know where to find the specific products you're looking for, but in Pattaya if I'm trying to find a foreign product that is difficult to find anywhere else, my first stop is Villa Market. They may not have it, but Villa Market seems to me the most likely 'best chance' place to look for it.

Sometimes a friend or board member who is coming to Thailand is willing to bring a few items with them upon request.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

It took a while but I finally found a scouring powder. Happily, it's a Thai product. Cheap, and essential for scrubbing pots and many other uses.

Villa and Friendship have it. Dunno about Food Mart or Foodland.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Well, "Thai product", whatever that means... Even its "Thai" name reads "Vim", invented by Mr Lever (as in Unilever) himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vim_(cleaning_product)
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

mahjongguy wrote:It took a while but I finally found a scouring powder.
That is what I use. The American products like Ajax and Comet are superior because they have more grit and scrubbing power and don't leave a residue like the Thai products I have used. I have friends pack the Brillo or SOS pads for me as I have not seen the equivalent sold here.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Alex wrote:"Thai product", whatever that means...
Meaning made in Thailand, low price, not hard to find.

As opposed to a spray oven cleaner that I like which costs 450 baht at Villa but is only on their shelves once a year or so.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Friendship Market has several brands of whipped topping. Maybe they're no good, I can't say.