The Rules

Posting Rules and Registration Requirements
Gaybutton

The Rules

Post by Gaybutton »

I really don't see a need to post a formal list of rules. I think most people posting on this board are well aware of universally standard board rules. The main thing that people usually want to know about a board I run is what would cause me to delete posts, place people on moderated mode, or ban them entirely. I don't think anyone's here to be intentionally causing problems, but just in case here's what you need to know:

1. There will be no - I repeat no attack posts of any kind in this board. I'm not about to have any of the people using this board have to be afraid of being subjected to those kinds of posts and I'm not going to tolerate anyone who wants to submit those kinds of posts, period. The exception to that is when it is obvious kidding around instead of an attack. But be careful - I'm the one who determines whether it's kidding around or an attack.

2. I don't want to see any posts denouncing specific venues. For example, I don't want to see any posts naming bars as a pedophile bar, a druggie bar, or anything similar. Even if it's absolutely true, Thailand has some, shall we say, unique libel laws. Sorry, but I'm not going to subject myself to possible lawsuits. It might be your post, but by law the buck stops with me. The exception to that is if a bar has been named in the media. If it has, now it's fair game to comment, but a link to the media report needs to be included in the thread.

3. There will be no posts commenting on any member of the Royal Family. Thailand has controversial Lese Majeste laws and allowing such posts would subject me to arrest. No thanks.

4. There will be no personal information posted about anyone. Again, what appears in the media is fair game, but other than that it's not acceptable.

5. If you have a problem with me, send me a PM or an Email. I'm not going to put up with being chopped apart on my own board.

6. If you wish to submit a post that you think may be a post I won't accept, feel free to send me a copy of what you want to post by PM or Email in advance. That way, if I have a problem with it I can let you know whether it is acceptable or not before you submit your post.

7. If you post material copied from another source, whether online news media, a post from another board, or anything you copied from elsewhere, a link to the source must be included in your post. Failure to include a link or attribution will result in the post being deleted.

8. I reserve the right to add to this post if I see a need. I reserve the right to deal with problem posts and problem posters as I see fit. That could mean a warning, placement on moderated mode, having portions of your post edited out, having your post deleted, or banning a user. Be advised that if you are ever banned, you're gone permanently. Some boards allow banned users to sneak back in under a different user name. Not this board. Once you're gone, you're gone and as soon as I catch someone trying to sneak back in, he's gone again. Be aware that just because I might not have mentioned it in this post, that doesn't mean I'm going to tolerate what I consider to be obvious problems whether it was mentioned in this post or not. If I send you a warning, be aware that I warn only once.

I think that covers what needs to be said. I think what is and is not acceptable on this board is obvious even if I didn't write this post. If you have any questions or responses, feel free to reply. You don't have to send an Email or PM to respond to this post.
Gaybutton

Re: The Rules

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob

Post by Bob »

Gaybutton wrote: If people want to call me a paranoid, control freak, miserable piece of crap, arrogant, over opinionated, egotistical, stupid, post deleting, user banning, unfair, self-serving scumbag, rotund, lard-ass moron bastard, who resembles a hippo pregnant with quintuplets, is it too much to ask that people do that by PM rather than within posts?
Is there a length limit with the PMs?

(Not that I need it but, given the innumerous possibilities, some may want to know..... :lol: )
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote:Is there a length limit with the PMs?
Yes and no. Once your PM reaches 226751 words you can continue the PM, but it has to be in a different language . . .
Bob

Post by Bob »

I take it, then, that no hand signals will be allowed? :o
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote:I take it, then, that no hand signals will be allowed? :o
That's right. Sorry, but you'll have to stick to semaphore flags . . .
bobsaigon

Post by bobsaigon »

I see there are no rules preventing people from posting multiple entries each day, sometimes more than 2-3 per thread, resulting in an inundation ad nauseum. These people are perfectly polite but I do get awfully tired of individuals trying to set posting records.

No reply needed to this. I don't expect everyone/anyone to share my view.
Bob

Post by Bob »

bobsaigon wrote:I see there are no rules preventing people from posting multiple entries each day, sometimes more than 2-3 per thread, resulting in an inundation ad nauseum.
Yep, share your view but I can't see any good way for the boss to deal with the situtation.

However......just in case a couple of posters (including one who's posted a dozen or so posts today alone) happen to see these comments, I'm hoping that you'll understand that we're talking about you! :idea:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote:I can't see any good way for the boss to deal with the situation.
I can see a very easy way to deal with it. I don't think I really need to spell it out, but if someone is abusing the intent of this board and starts flooding the board with frivolous posts, guys like that get a free ticket to Moderated Mode City, which means none of their posts will get through unless I approve them. Like I said, I don't intend to put up with crap from anybody and if someone is doing something like that, then to me that's crap. I suppose having said that, I probably just set off a whole new round of criticism, but too bad. I'm not going to let an annoying poster ruin the board for everyone else.

I don't know who the bobsaigon you are referring to is, but if you send a PM to me I'll keep my eye on whoever is a problem poster.

Also, if it truly becomes necessary, I can set the board to limit the number of posts allowed per person per day. I would think a limitation of 15 posts per day would be reasonable, but we'll see how it goes status quo for the time being.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Gaybutton wrote:I don't know who the bobsaigon and you are referring to is, but if you send a PM to me I'll keep my eye on whoever is a problem poster.
Nah, I'll decline the PM deal. Not that big a deal and, if it becomes a significant problem, it'll be rather obvious and you can deal with it as you wish.